Vintage Sponsor Decals & Striping for GT40

Hi guys,

Since having great success and feedback with the GT40 sill stripes I thought it was time to finish a project a started a long time ago. Since graphics are my bag, I have completed a substantial set of decals for the GT40, not that they couldn't be used for other applications. I spent a great deal of time researching all of the graphics I could find and re-created each as correct as possible, even fonts for some that could not be found were created from scratch, same for the numbers. All decals will come in the correct sizes/variations for the period.

The Mk II & Mk IV side decals were created using the same methods, using my MDA for reference to size and layout the graphics correctly. The sill stripes and centre stripes - ditto. I will be offering these, the numbers and roundels in both hi-performance vinyl film AND 3M paint mask for those who want painted graphics. All of the above are CAD designed and digitally cut, the vinyl material is extremely thin, of glossy color, fuel and solvent proof and should last 10 years +.

Pricing and availability will be uploaded onto the Raceline Digital website (RACELINE DIGITAL Boat Graphics and Boat Lettering - Your Graphics SUPERCHARGER) over the holidays, pricing will be as reasonable as possible - and of course, discounts for MDA owners.

See the All GT40 forum for more information.

Chris

Chris, I must be missing something here, but I can;t find the post showing all your decals. Also, I can't find the question that I asked yesterday about the Marchal decal. I must be doing something wrong navagating around the forum I guess????

Hi Bill - I think I understood your question about the Marchal wheel arch decal. I intentionally put a bend in the decal to sit better on the curve but - I've since decided to go back to the original rectangular decal, to be applied as is so the look is authentic.

Hope that was it - can assist if you need anything.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I will be very interested. I'm a long way off from needing any but it's great to know where to go when I do.
I'm getting an MDA rolling chassis delivered in April time. Getting very excited ! :D

Hi Martin,

Great news and welcome to the MDA family! Happy to see you're excited, it's a great feeling when you know you have a car on the way.

Congratulations and I look forward to seeing your car soon!

Chris

Back