weber install

Ray ,how do the webers like 3.5 psi.? I would think it would work.
Randy

Quite well. I have not had any problems. Idle is fat but that's a jet issue and I prefer a fat setting. I don't know why my regulators won't go below 3.5. I have hada the same Malpassi regs on a racing Mini and they had a pretty broad range. I was shooting for 3 PSI.

Webers like high volume and low pressure, the Facet pumps used by CAV don't seem to be up to the job. The better choice is a Carter rotary pump that is preset at 3 lbs, they are available thru Summit, after you install them you can set the regulators on the car to their highest setting(to maximize flow). Work great on my car.
Dave

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting comment about the Facet pumps, Dave. Clearly you've been down this road so my apologies if this seems repetitive.

When investigating Facet pumps some months ago, I ended up at TrueChoice.com where I discovered four of them offered. One of them, FCT477060, is capable of 32 gallons per hour at 2.75 to 4 psi. Two of them, the FCT 480532 and FCT480534, put out 45 gallons per hours at 6 to 8 psi (the only difference between them is 532 has a replaceable internal filter).

If one were determined to have a Facet pump for use with a stroked 302 (331 cu in), what suggestions might you offer?

Best,

T.

Back