Welcome Pete & Di McCluskey!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Guys the hotel Alexandra's car park is unique, the custom is to park where you can and don't worry about parking someone in. As long as you leave your keys and registration number at reception they will shift it for you to let people out. Of course if in a GT 40 ask them to come and get you.
Keith final numbers?

Keith

Sorry for the delay mate - it looks like a max of 7 all up if Mark brings SWMBO. No-one else has chimed in so that's it I guess. Say 8 for the 'missing man' set up.

Pete, can you do a recce of the bar and see what Brown Ale they stock please?

I can't count on it but Ian and I plan to arrive (rather noisily) in a '40 at your hotel Pete. It looks a little poky car park out back - what's out the front of the hotel?

(Clue: I have a Blue Badge which might be a first in a '40)

Keith

Attn Dave, Mark, Ian. You have mail. Changes to arrangements. I will be going directly to Pete's Hotel. Nothing else will work..

Received apologies from Paul Dub who regretfully will not be making it tomorrow. Says it's just not convenient, can't you make it next Wednesday Pete?

Seriously, sends best regards - workload issues. :)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Keith, the pokey little car park is it, see my previous post.
Not sure they sell anything as low brow as brown ale old chap. This is a posh place doncha know, eh what!;)

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Told them to expect you in an exotic super car with a disabled badge, they said drive in and park as close to the door as you can, rev it to 6000, or 7000 revs a few times to let them know you have arrived. As long as you leave your rego number at reception they will come and get you to let someone out if necessary.
Hell mate they are even getting in brown ale for you.:thumbsup:

Would someone be good enough to pm me their mobile numbers just so I can call to say I've arrived/whatever? What's the name of Pete's hotel? Sorry, can't access my work email now to recheck.

Cheers w*nkers. See ya tumorrow :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Dave 07767 450989 amd satying at the Fernhill. The one with the Holistic Black Pudding on the menu. This chapange is really good.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Shame, was in Lyme on Saturday for the record breaking "Biggest Band" on the beach.

Remember to wave as you drive through the infamous A31 "Hamburger Roundabout", about 100m from my house... though I'll be at work anyway.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The warm front has arrived somewhat earlier so mainly cloudy from mid morning and rain this afternoon affecting most of the UK from Manchester southwards. Slicks or cut inters this morning but this afternoon use wets.

Keith

Up early or bed late? I am just rising. It will take me one hour just to get downstairs.

Good news! Stairlift coming in 4 weeks!

Can't wait. It's that or a bungalow.

Laters chaps....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Would someone be good enough to pm me their mobile numbers just so I can call to say I've arrived/whatever? What's the name of Pete's hotel? Sorry, can't access my work email now to recheck.

Cheers w*nkers. See ya tumorrow :)

Surely we will hear you arrive Mark, our mobiles only work for text in the U.k.
Number is +61413451949.
The hotel is the Alexandra, in Pound street you can't miss it big white building on the left as you come off the road to the Village.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Great lunch and good to put some faces to people on the board.

Left home just gone 8 am and drove the 135 miles tp Lyme Regis getting there at 11:30
Lunch and chats
Leave at 4pm
Return backin terrible rain
Go to Surrey meeting of Enthusiasts club
Back home 11pm

Pictures to follow

Thanks everyone for a memorable day

Ian

Great lunch and good to put some faces to people on the board.

Left home just gone 8 am and drove the 135 miles tp Lyme Regis getting there at 11:30
Lunch and chats
Leave at 4pm
Return backin terrible rain
Go to Surrey meeting of Enthusiasts club
Back home 11pm

Pictures to follow

Thanks everyone for a memorable day

Ian

I did not see you taking photos at tonights' meeting:stunned::stunned:

Keith

Speechless.

Ankles and heart broken.

Lungs expended.

Oxygen gone.

Gardener sacked.

More tomorrow when I (if I) recover.

Pete mate. Man hug.

Di darling. Woman hug. (Like a man hug but significantly less air between)

Paul, I think photos were of Lyme although I wasn't conscious.

The fumes from Ian's car took me back - to the Life Support Machine in Southampton.

Christ! That motor of yours has got some cam in it Ian! Rumpity rump heaven. :)

David. Louis Roederer and Fish & Chips for lunch. How quaintly English. I thought it was very Holistic mate.

Mark. Two more large brandies please. :stunned:

That is all...

Back