What about Ryan's 427?

Thank you very much Dean. It was nice to know someone could see this from my point of view. I guess I jumped the gun by not listing the engine with a price. I went over to my friends house took pictures and wrote down the numbers that are stamped on the engine and heads (ENG. C7AE-A, Heads C3AE J) as soon as I got home I typed in 427 GT40 on my computer and I came across GT40s.com so I thought this would be a good place to start knowing this is the engine that won Le mans from 66-69 inside a GT40. Once I entered your website I was looking for a classified section and I was not familiar with threads and forum's. Once I clicked on new thread I did not realize there were so many forums to place it in but it was already to late and there was not an option to remove that thread from the build logs forum. So I didn't think it would be a problem I would just place it in the right forum. Typically when you list something for sale whether it be the newspaper or the internet people only contact you if their interested in purchasing your item not contacting you to tell you your not selling correctly. I have a great passion for all motorsports and auto racing. I was not looking for an ebay style of selling this engine being involved in racing most of my life I would never purchase an engine on ebay so I would never think of selling one there. I was expecting someone to contact me requesting details or to have the block magged or x-rayed for cracks and it would give me time to figure out a price. In the beginning of this post I said I jumped the gun listing this engine without a price because I thought I would have some time to research it and get some professional opinion from places like GT40s.com before I made a decesion. I said this in one of my posts. All this confusion happened within 12 hours time no one offered to discuss it with me or offer there knowledge on the 427. The only advise I recieved from this website was what I was doing wrong and that the website was not ebay but GT40's.com has a section for selling parts. I guess I'm just not following the theory here. I appreciate you defending me Dean my father in law is considering purchasing the new Ford GT. If that was to happen and I ever went along with him to any car shows or events I would have a pretty big chip on my shoulder towards GT40 owners but hearing from you and a couple others on this recent thread I have changed my opinion. Not all GT40 owners are the same. I think a good asking price for the engine is $4,800 but I am still researching what is a fair price. If you are interested and would like to send me a private message to discuss this further I would be happy to. I am not familiar on how to use the private messages if I don't respond just send me another message on this thread. If you are not interested I appreciate your time in this matter maybe we will run into each other sometime. If you are a racing fan and would like to witness some of the greatest racing I've ever seen may I suggest the Chili Bowl in Tulsa Oklahoma. It is midget racing at it's best about 300 cars show up with alot of the drivers from Nascar Nextel Cup. Last year it was freezing cold and took place during an ice storm luckily it is an indoor dirt track so you might need some ear plugs and an extra change of clothes but it is well worth it. It takes place on Jan. 8 - 12. I know of people that are coming from Canada and Australia to see it. Take care

Thanks again, Ryan

That's a pretty fair price for your engine I think. I will do a little research on your part numbers but I think I will buy it if you still want to sell it for $4800. I have a great home that baby!

Thanks for coming back around, it really is a pretty cool place to hang out. I sent you a PM.

Dean

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ryan, that's more like it. Keep in mind, the response you had gotten wasn't because of GT40 snobbery....it's just net etiquette that you've now learned that caused the issue. Generic car sites may be more forgiving, while more tight knit clubs such as this will work to self police and protect each other (sometimes more than is needed). You shouldn't take it personally, just recognize how to engage here and other places better next time. Everyone has short term memory around here, and as things like this go, this is just no big deal. Hang in there.

It will be coming out of 38 years of storage and heading to my engine builder for a little TLC. This engine has an unbelievable history that I want to confirm before I share it here. If it is true, this could be an incredible "barn find". I will post pictures and a detailed history if it can be verified. Needless to say, I am VERY excited about this. Ryan is a super guy by the way. It is being magnafluxed (sp) before it is shipped.

Details to follow! :D

Back