What are your Winter time projects

Removal of the 2.2 turbo engine from my '88 Lotus esprit, and installation of a small block ford and audi 016.

More easily said than done.

I know I should continue working with my GT40, but winter & snow is always good for some winter sports activities :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 52_1.jpg
    52_1.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 458
Changing the seats in CAV #082. The factory seats are great road going seats with fine leather and grommets that stay put BUT....they have little to no lateral support and they weigh a friggin ton.....42 lbs each to be exact. So I use the SPF inserts and cushions since I'm a short arsed soul but these too have no lateral support and the grommets come out if you sneeze hard.

The place I found building the stunning LOLA's (Mac McClendon) can do the work and I've also got my good friend VEEK looking into a possible source.

Pat

Supporter
Jimmy, I'm hoping to have resolution on the CAV seats one way or the other by spring!!

I have a meeting with the "seat guru" tomorrow. He apparently rents seasonal hangar space when he winters in Central Florida.
My first three commercial contacts were reluctant to build the frames but were more than happy to cover any frame I have fabricated. I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, I had my annual physical yesterday. The prostate exam was very reminiscent of the fuel cell upgrade completed last month...

Back