Supporter
In black...

Attachments

• 2012-02-08_15-13-51_413.jpg
    2012-02-08_15-13-51_413.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 254

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>
Robert, they are polished s.s. Since you're in Yorba Linda, my fabricator is in Riverside and would be happy to make you a set. He's an "artist" at this stuff. Let me know if you need his contact.
Tim

Thanks Tim, I would like to learn more about his product and explore some options with him.

Is there much and/or frequent maintenance required to maintain the mirror like finish on your bundle of snakes?

Now, back to the heat/heart of the matter. Since yours are polished SS, did you have the interior of the pipes ceramic coated? If so, do you believe that process was noticeably effective for reducing rear heat, or did you acquire the vehicle already equipped that way?

I apologize for my numerous curiosities, but I'm attempting to research all aspects to enable me to modify my new vehicle in a well-informed manner when it arrives in June/July.

Best Regards, Robert

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
In The Eye Of The Beholder They Be

Could it be that some of us are beguiled by that ole notion of the grass always looks greener? Someone else's pipes look keener. I know I've been lured down that road before, and attempt to beware of that calling.

Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is gray and yellow, white
But who decides which is the right colour for our pipes
And which is an illusion

The Moodys and Me

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I suppose one more call to JetHot is in order, to ask if the coloring (other than the normal "silver") has higher emissivity of heat, unless some of the expertise on board can answer that.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Robert,

"Is there much and/or frequent maintenance required to maintain the mirror like finish on your bundle of snakes?" Very easy care, I simply wipe with a clean cloth and once every few months I may do a light chrome polish.

"Now, back to the heat/heart of the matter. Since yours are polished SS, did you have the interior of the pipes ceramic coated?" No

" If so, do you believe that process was noticeably effective for reducing rear heat, or did you acquire the vehicle already equipped that way?" I applied\glued a thermal barrier to the underside of the rear clip that sheilds the heat of the mufflers.

Tim

I'm going ceramic white.

Should look good next to my black valve covers. I had white headers and side pipes on my Kirkham, and loved the look. Yes, they get dirty. But white VHT paint matches quite well, making touch-ups a piece of cake.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Robert,

"Is there much and/or frequent maintenance required to maintain the mirror like finish on your bundle of snakes?" Very easy care, I simply wipe with a clean cloth and once every few months I may do a light chrome polish.

"Now, back to the heat/heart of the matter. Since yours are polished SS, did you have the interior of the pipes ceramic coated?" No

" If so, do you believe that process was noticeably effective for reducing rear heat, or did you acquire the vehicle already equipped that way?" I applied\glued a thermal barrier to the underside of the rear clip that sheilds the heat of the mufflers.

Tim

Thanks again Tim! I would still like to have the contact info for your header expert in Riverside. I am giving full consideration to the idea of using SS pipes as you have, instead of the far less attractive look of polished silver ceramic. Such will be far easier to accomplish during initial engine/trans install.

Regards, Robert

Back