Which Griffin Transaxle Behind a LS376?

Fran seems to find the best people to work with, no wonder his projects are so successful.

The information on the Wavetrac, on the link above, was excellent and worth checking out if you haven't done so already.

Ron

After some more research I have some part numbers for "y'all",
and a package deal..

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><o:p><FONT size=3 face=
</o:p>
Stock Flywheel ;<o:p></o:p>
Flywheel GM PN: 12571611
This will use an 11.5 " clutch
Your crank should have 6 bolts on a 79 mm bolt circle.( ls1-ls7 )<o:p></o:p>
Then you can use the clutch of your choice. ( hub ID 1 1/8 X 26 spline)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

After Market Flywheel;<o:p></o:p>
Mc Leod stock replacement pn: MRC- 460530
This unit is 347.99 @ Jegs.

Aftermarket Clutch/Flywheel package;<o:p></o:p>
The package deal w/ Mc Leod is a dedicated flywheel for the "R-T" clutch setup,
This will not use the adapter shown in below video.
The RST is good to 800 hp and street usage (only).<o:p></o:p>
It can be up graded to RXT clutch disk and it will up the HP rating to 1000 HP, and this is the one to use for any racing.
RST clutch and flywheel package for 1075.00
pn: MRC-64055-00-007.. :thumbsup:

Note:
This is a great option, (there are other options), and one that you can buy from Griffin Gearboxes. ( we offer the full McLeod product line)

Here is more info:
How to Install a McLeod RST or RXT Twin Disc. - YouTube

Last edited:
After some more research I have some part numbers for "y'all",
and a package deal..

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><o:p><FONT face=
</o:p>

Thanks for that info and helpfulness! :) I'm hoping to be a customer soon, but till then I'll keep dreaming.

Does any body have the original Excel spread sheet that graphs the force vs mph for the different gearboxes used earlier in this post so I may modify for my application?

hello gentleman i just left a message with griffin.. looking for a gearbox for my ERA build gt 49 big block... looks like this super street is a great fit for me... anyone out there have one?

Joseph, not 100% sure, but get the feeling you might be one of the first to have one, that need not be a bad thing based on the old theory that bad news travels fast where good news seldom gets air time. Perhaps there is a large group of Griffin users out there that are so happy driving they don't have time to post on build threads, I try to keep up with Transaxle stuff, but have yet to read of one on this site.

Back