Wilwood Rear Calipers

Here is a picture of the Wilwood Powerlite Handbrake calipers that I am going to trial on my car. Hopefully they are going to be OK... I will update the thread as appropriate.

Brett

Attachments

• wilwood1.JPG
    wilwood1.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • wilwood2.JPG
    wilwood2.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,035
  • wilwood3.JPG
    wilwood3.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 988
Those calipers dont look like handbrake calipers unless you are using a locking hydraulic master cylinder to lock the brake. They just look like a standard brake caliper to me, with no mechanical connection for a handbrake.
Please enlighten us.

Look at the upper left hand picture. There appears to be a plastic wire tie holding some mechanical arms on the brake pad backing plates.

Better Picture

Andy,
You're correct. This has been designed with Wilwood by Rally Design here in the UK. Note before anyone chimes in - they are currently not listed on the Wilwood GLOBAL site try here instead www.rallydesign.com

These are not the biggest of calipers in the world. They only take up to a 280mm disc, but since Granada cossie brakes are about that size and people have use them on GTDs, I see no initial issue. However, I am told they are also looking to modify the Midlite calipers which has a lerger pad area and can take a bigger disc (up to 310mm). So there may be another option coming along.

Hopefully the picture below will show the caliper design better than my pictures.

Brett

Those look very nice, do they use the Ford handbrake cable? any idea of cost?
PS do you still have the Granada calipers

Back