Wiper arm

Can anyone reccomend a more substantial wiper arm and blade available in the UK?

Those supplied by GTD seem to be a bit on the flimmsy side and lift under speed giving little or no effect.

Regards, Paul.

Sorry Frank, didn't remember asking you.
Not quite forty but looks as if the marbles are already going!!!!
I would appreciate you e-mailing the part numbers.
Have you received your calipers and discs yet? Looks as if this could be going the way of our friends in the US re their exhausts!!!!!

Regards, Paul.
blush.gif

G

The wiper system from a Saab 900 is basically a Lucas type with the worm gear type cable running in a 5/16 steel brake line and the transmissions clamped on flairs put where you like. The beauty for those of us in the states is that Saab uses a knurl that is large enough to use standard US size wiper arms and they have much larger sweep. (As opposed to the little bitty knuls and the approx. 90 degree sweep they use on the UK cars.) Now there is a company in Georgia that is making functionally equivalent new units.

I know this is a little off subject, but someone trying to figure out a wiper system might look here for a clue. The contact info for the Georgia outfit is in a previous post.

FYI the wiper motor from my MK-IV is from a Boeing 707 and the wiper arm and blade are from a 1967 Ford bus!

[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: MK -IV J6 ]

Back