ZF scam - Watch out

I have almost been conned by Gab Muller at the same address in Inverness. He was 'selling' a vintage microphone on Craigs List for way under what it's worth so I knew it was too good to be true. I've reported him and let's see what happens. Sheister.

Also watch out for someone by the name of "Cyril Rickards" purportedly from Dublin. He emailed me saying he had original parts for sale, including doors, uprights, coil overs, stub axles & doughnuts, plus a period exhaust system. He gave me his UK mobile phone number, which I called him on on a couple of occasions and his Western Union account with alleged address outside Dublin. I was almost taken in when he said he "could arrange delivery, or I could make suitable arrangements". However, hhe went quiet when I asked if I could do cash on collection, I smelled a rat. I called him again, and asked "where did the parts come from". Cyril replied "I bought in bulk". I think we'd all like to know where we can buy original period GT40 parts in "bulk", wouldn't we???... Andrew (UK)

hi guys - just wanted to confirm that this Gab Muller tosser (gender unknown) is indeed a sheister. Again, on Craigslist i responded to an ad which i assumed was dodgy - a Macintosh amplifier way under market value it's being sold by a, you guessed, Gab Muller - shit english/claiming couldn't talk due to mouth operation , so i played the game hoping to get additional information so we can nail the bastard - this is what i got:

Gab Muller
12 High St
Elgin
Morayshire
IV30 1EG
Sort Code: 11-18-11
Acc 33594219
Halifax Bank

Maybe someone could go round and rough him/her/it up a bit :)

I'm also going to call halifax and at minimum expose the bastard and maybe get some compensation for domclarke and others, who may have been scammed

let me know how you go, i'll post back after speaking with halifax

Jim (AMG driver, sorry)

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Anyone got a phone number for this Gab?
I'm up that way later this month.
Could look it up and pay a visit !!
Also with the landline number, i reckon i could get proper address,
even maybe with a mobile.
Which particular part of the anatomy should i concentrate on,
when delivering your greetings ?
:laugh::veryangry:

Keith

This may come as a huge shock but where No. 12 High St Elgin USED to be is occupied by what looks like a failed shopping mall that has been closed for a considerable time.

The post code dinna match anyway - quel suprise...

Yo guys, I got totally scammed by the guy who advertised a rochester corvette fuel injection from 1958/1959 (he renewed the advertisement):thumbsdown:. An I think it is a friend of Gaby (or the same person). Paid him 8 weeks ago, nothing received since than and since 6 weeks no communications anymore. I allready was suspicious: in the mails he didnot seem to have that much knowledge of the fi, no paypal, no telephone, a non-English name, living in the North of GB. I asked for a copy of his ID, which he refused stating that he is not scammer and that he had enough potential buyers, so take it or leave it (smart move!)

On the other hand: I had his bankcode, his adress and wtf, why would you scam someone with such a specific and rare item? I googled his name, details, no scam reports. The adress existed. At the end, I did not listen enough to my feelings, too greedy I think and paid him.

The info he gave me:

BOGDAN GLIJIN
14 Dunbar St
Hopeman
Elgin, IV30 5TD
United Kingdom
HSBC BANK
SORT CODE : 40-46-09
ACC NUMBER: 31 71 83 63
IBAN: GB36 MIDL 4046 0931 7183 63
SWIFT BIC : MIDL GB2162K

[email protected]

I saw today it is bankagency in London: Sort Code: 404609, Sortcode: 40-46-09, Sortcode: 40 46 09

I have searched a lot and found out that he (or a group of people) have all different advertisement with pictures from google or what so ever and the same sort of information (shipping worldwide!):

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/2092519484.html

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/2086835623.html

Corvette Rochester Fuel Injection Unit For 1958 & 1959

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/2110876819.html

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/2125056215.html

I will contact the bank in London about this, see if they want to give my money back or give his real adress, but I am afraid they cannot do much. If you have ideas what to do, share it. I am from the Netherlands, how is it possible to give this info to the police in Great Britain? If somebody knows other organisation who can use this information, pleas inform me.

I spoke with Halifax and reported the arsehole - they have frozen the account as of today and will involve the police. Small comfort i recognise for any of you who've lost money. I i thnk that keith1 was correct in that it appears to be the work of an organised gang - i guess remember the old adage if it's sounds too good to be true it probably isn't / Jim

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I Subject:DeTomaso Pantera GT 40 ZF 5spd Transaxle Ford GT New/OS - £2700Date:04/01/2012 21:00:39 GMT Standard Time
To: [email protected]

I am very interested in this gearbox and would like to come and see it.
I live in in Inverurie which is about 25 minutes to Aberdeen.
Please let me know when I can view it.
Regards
David
Sent from the Internet

Above is a response to try and flush this bastard out. He is probably in Nigeria
or Romania however and has never been to the Granite city in his life.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/feedback...727-gearbox-sale-gt40-zf-5ds-25-type-0-a.html

The scam continues

Pete Schomer claims he owned the gearbox.

I sent money No gearbox. No money and plenty of excuses. 9 months later

CID is involved

I will provide his company address and banking details as well as all his different email addresses, and company names he uses, later today. Also can provide correspondences I have had with his bank manager.

Last edited:

Mike Pass

Supporter
There is a national organisation in the UK now called Scambusters which is set up specifically to deal with scammers on a national basis.The website is

"Internet Scams, Identity Theft, and Urban Legends: Are You at Risk?"

Please report your issues to them. They will collate everyone's information and try to catch these scum or at least prevent them from operating freely. I have personal experience with them which I cannot post here but can state that they do take action and scammers will get locked up.

Cheers
Mike

Tom, if I was you I would also make a report of fraud to the FBI. They have a group assigned to internet fraud. You'd want to start here: FBI — Internet Fraud

There are links in the above link for the forms to fill out. I've seen this make a difference. I realize the other party here may be located elsewhere, but when an FBI agent calls a potential fraudster, they start to pay attention.....

I would also file a complaint with the police local to the other party as well.

Back