ZF Transmission removel

Hello CAV brothers and sisters.

Stupid question.

I am going to insert a direct hydraulic throw out bearing (ref: 2G Motorsports www.gt4d.com, and Tilton Engineering www. tiltonracing.com).

I think I have to jank out the engine out and up a bit to do this. Just checking 1st.

(the distributor cap is very close to a chassis member and it does not look like there is going to be a lot of room to do this.).

grats in adcance. AGAIN!!!!

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Blaine,

Your CAV GT has the CAV MotorSports lowered and forward (correct) engine location. This puts even the small, short Ford MSD distributor under the cross bar of the firewall below the bulkhead window. You will have to remove the distributor cap and rotor for clearance while lifting out the engine/transaxle assembly. The ZF won't come out on it's own btw.

We have used the Macleod internal hydraulic throwout bearing on several cars because of a shortage of external fork lever arms. Both systems produce the same pedal feel and travel. My prefference purely from a servicability point of view is the external unit. If your slave is working fine and the clutch pack (you have a Macleod twin carbon disc clutch set) is fully disengaging, then don't disturb it... Hope this helps.

Cheers

Your advice as always is very sound.
I agree.
Thank you so much AGAIN. you are a walking CAV encyclopedia.
What the heck am I going to do on the couch now with all the extra time on me hands, I was going to use up this winter installing bearing????
(by the way I get so bloody excited running from the garage to the computer my spelling has gone to the dogs, I know I know, I will spend my time practicing my key board work, sheesh.

Back