CAV GT 40 #47 Gulf Spec

Hi guys!!! At the hidden request of Ron Earp I'm starting a new thread to replace the original one I started "CAV GT40". This first thread was great and helped alot in terms of my choosing of the car best suited for my specific needs and wants. For those still deciding it is still a great thread to help in your deliberations.
Car # 47 has landed in New York this past Friday. Will be loaded on a train to get to Canada and then trucked to my shop in Burlington for final assembly and engine and tranny install. Should arrive in my area by this Friday. This will be the first CAV GT40 in Canada as well as the first Gulf spec car here. Some previous pics taken by CAV at their factory have been posted. They can be viewed at http://www.2gmotorsports.com/CAV_47.htm (thanks to Gary the CAV Viginia dealer). I will post some pics when I learn how on the new board and when it arrives here.
The car will have the following:
392 Stroker (from my SPF cobra)
ZF 5 spd tranny
48 IDA Weber carb set up
BRM 6 spoke wheels (orange centers to match car)
Gulf racing colours and specs
The only delay will be the tranny approx 4 weeks. The way the weather has been here it should be ready just in time for the sunny days ahead. Can't wait!!!!

frknfast GT40 Gulf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also the personal plate ordered for this car is 1075GT40. It should create some interesting conversations at the car shows! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey guys just finished watching James Bond's Die Another Day and at the beginning there's a shot of a Gulf spec GT40. Anybody have any idea as to whose make it is?

Do a search on Die Another Day with the date range set to All Posts and you'll find your answer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
But Steve is doing a good thing - teaching folks to use the search feature as I was hoping people would do. In fact, doing so turned up 11 threads with "James Bond" in it, I'm sure his answer would be in there.

R

Ok guys the moment has arrived. The first pic of the delivery of CAV #47!!! I finally started to recieve their product.

Sorry guys I tried to post but file size too large even though I used the smallest size available on my camera. Can someone tell me how to reduce the file size to be able to post the pic.

frknfast,
Have you got any package like PSP or Photoshop, even Microsoft Picture Editor? If so, just load the picture, go to normally something like tools and then you usually see a resize option. Once you have done this most progs will have the byte info in the bottom right hand corner on the status bar.... if not send to me and I'll do it and send it back, but won't be until Sunday night as I am going away for the weekend.
Brett

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• 18971-DSC00153.JPG
    18971-DSC00153.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 712
HAHAHA HEHEHEHE!!! That's all that has come in so far. I will say so far so good. The pic shows the following:
CAV owners manual on high gloss, heavy weight paper
CAV center piece for steering wheel
CAV key chain
CAV thank you card
Leather (real) key pouch with CAV imprint
Leather (real) folio with CAV imprint to hold the above
I can't wait for the rest of the car!!!!

and Steve Wright, a popular British broadcaster married to an American, say's Americans do not understand irony.

Regards, Alex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex not sure about the Americans, but us Canadians sure do understsand irony. Look who we have as prime minister.

Ok guys the car has arrived in Canada. For some crazy reason it was selected for full inspection in New York. Contraband? guns? who knows?. Anyways they x-rayed the whole container. Of course found nothing and sent it on its merry way. Now it needs to clear Canadian customs and be released. Hopefully that will happen today and arrive at the shop by Friday.
The wait is killing me!!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hey,

If you need any help let me know, just over the bridge in Buffalo....

I suggest a "shakedown" cruise...I like the section between Brantford and the 401...light traffic in the early morning, I have "pegged' a couple cars there on the way to Detroit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frkn, just wanted to say the car is drop-dead beautiful. I love the Gulf colors (who doesn't) and would have selected them myself had I not bought my GT from someone else. Can't wait to see the BRM's on it--keep those pics coming!

Hi Rick!! Thanks for the offer. With cars this fast it shouldn't take long to hook up in case help is needed. By the way the pic beside your name, the cobra, is it yours and what make?
Skahedown cruise?? I'm in!!! Pegged a few. You are by chance be in law enforcement or simply on the run from them in that stretch? hahahehe
Can't wait to finally get it rolling and we'll have to hook up for a few!

Thx snakeeyes!! The latest is the car will arrive at shop this Friday. I hope to be there to take pics coming off container and maybe a little bit of video as well. I will definetly keep the pics coming (subject to the forum gods lol). The BRMs are supposed to have orange centers to match.(notice my US spelling of "center" vs CDN "centre"). Also I'm trying to get the car at the Toronto Molson Indy for a few parade laps with celebrities. It should be ready by then. Just waiting for their answer. Considering this events sponsor is Ford this year I'm not sure if this will happen. Could be a good thing for all GT manufacturers if Ford buys in.

Back