CAV GT 40 #47 Gulf Spec

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Frknfast,

Thye "Cobra" is the prototype AC MK II "FIA" car, full body polish by the factory. Back in England now as it was imported on our manufacturers exemption and had to be re-exported.

Rick

Gary the ZF is new coming from RBT. It should arrive soon within the next week I hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif The cobra looks great. Is that a polished alum body? Can you send me some pics? Also what type of GT40 do you have?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Frknfast,
[image]www.home.earthlink.net/~rcmuck/fiacc5.jpg[/image] The Cobra is polished alloy. I do not have a 40 but used to have guardianship of Safir car P1116. Had the honor of driving it at the 1989 Watkins Glen GT40 reunion...you have no idea how what a rush it is to drive your son around the track, look in the miroor and see that you are holding up the Gulf cars!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rick the pic of the cobra is something else.

It's been confirmed the shipment arrives at the shop Monday @ 8.30am. I hope I can sleep this weekend.

Hi guys the car has arrived FINALLY here at my shop!! I've posted some pics in my yahoo photo album for all to see. Feel free to go there as it was easier than trying to post a pic here. The site is http://photos.yahoo.com/frknfast under CAVGT40 and then go to CAV GT40#2. The weber set up arrived today as well. All that's left is the tranny and the engine from my other car. The engine will be this week and the tranny hopefully late this week or early next.
I'm really impressed with the finish and how great these cars look in real life form. The pics really don't do these cars justice. There is so much more in seeing them first hand and in the flesh.

As a fellow Canadian, how did you get around the DOT regs for importing a kitcar into Canada? If you check the www.riv.ca site "Registar of Imported Vehicles" website, it clearly states no kitcars less than 15 years old may be imported and are forbidden.

Unless you said you were just going to use the '40 for racing purposes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm kinda curious as I wouldn't mind bringing in a GT-40 kit for me up here in Ottawa.

Rick

Scott the NEWBIE here. I've been reading for a few days now, please take it easy on me now! I too am waiting for my Gulf CAV GT, after buying a stainless CAV in January, I was so impressed with it that I signed up as the North Florida distributor!
My Gulf car is nearly complete, Webers, wide hip, 12.5" wide BRM orange centered rims, Goodyear Bluestreak skins, brass seat grommets, you get the picture! If I can figure it out I'll post some pics.
Please don't hold against me the fact that I'm a dealer, my wife and I Wholesale luxury and exotic cars to dealers, 30-40 a month. I convinced her to let me take on the GTs if I can just break even doing it. Bottom line, I'm a Ford nut! I've been with my wife for 23 years, at 19 we were together and driving my then dream car, 1975 Euro Pantera. I think our car payment was twice as much as rent! Just trying to prove a point, raised on a farm in Iowa, we started with $0.00! God has surely blessed us since then. Well, just wanted to share my GT 40 enthusiasm with you all! By the way, I also just received a copy of GT 40 by Ronnie Spain. I highly recommend it. See ya!

Scott now that's passion for ya. Buy the car then buy/set up a dealership. Sounds like the old remington shaver commercial.hehe I was equally impressed and would have done the same but the Canadian rights had been spoken for. So no such luck here. Congrats on your choice of car and colour. I can tell you first hand the gulf set up is out of this world. One can really see the difference on the rear wheel fenders. They are much wider than stock.
I like you have been blessed with good fortune accompanied by a sh** load of extremely hard work and dedication to my profession and some good luck along the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way Scott Welcome!! You will enjoy the forum I'm sure of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Frknfast,

Congrats on the "new arrival"! It's a beauty!

If you think that life can't get any better,

wait until you drive it for the first time! Enjoy!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bill

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Rick,

Why worry yourself over the regulations, CAV is not in the kit car business and doesn't import kit cars. I do have an absolutely beautiful Silver metalic CAV GT roller available right now. It's the last CAV that will be on the road this summer in Canada. The rest of my limited allotment arrives in September. We should talk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. I'm a great fan of the Ford 3 Litre (P68), has to be one of the sleekest automobile shapes ever.

Thanks Ian for the reply. I am interested in the car so why don't we take this off-line and I'll email you separately...

I'm glad you like the Ford 3 Litre GT, I've collected a lot of documentation and models (die-cast, plastic, and slot-car) on the P68 and was fortunate to receive some really cool line drawings of station templates produced back in the 1960's for the British slot car magazine "Model Cars".

Best regards,

Rick

Thanks Bill. I can tell you just getting in it to sit for the first time was exciting on its own!! Driving it for the first time should be heavenly maybe even orgasmic. lol

F3L you are in good hands with Ian from CAV Canada. As he says don't fret the legalities. Leave that to Ian. I know he can get it done as I have first hand experience.
The cars are phnomenal!!! If you are really serious don't miss this opportunity!!! Mine should be on the road in a couple of weeks. Actually both cars are together keeping each other company for now.

scott
I've been watching your car get powered up....Looks stunning...Bob lacey stopped at HRE Motor Cars last saterday to take some pics of both of our cars for the CAV web site. You should have been there when we rolled your gulf car outside... You would have been impressed. the webers look great...the orange BRM centers look great....the good year racing tires look great....the wide hips look great...You are going to flip when you see it.
Would be nice to meet you if you come up to pick up your car. Bill of HRE and Nick of Florida Advanced Vehicals speak highly of you. Welcome to the forum.

Hi guys the assembly is proceeding nicely. By the way for a point of clarification the shop is actually not mine but the father & son team of Derek and Peter Howe who own the shop and are doing the work. The shop is called Howe Motor Works--Vintage Motor Car Services. The guys are very good and do all kinds of works from old 1920/30s Rolls to 60s chargers, stangs, Aston Martins Fords etc. They take their time and are perfectionists. They also fabricate new parts to fit where the old are no longer available as well as work with aluminum bodies. But most of all they have fun doing this work and are having a grand old time working on the GT40s.

Hi guys the car is pretty much assembled now. Waiting for the tranny from RBT to arrive. The engine was deliverd to the shop today. Monday will start the engine work to hook up the ac and weber carbs, flywheel as well as the clutch and realted parts.

What are you using as a vacuum source for the brake booster?
The Webers give you limited options (he said, speaking from experience...)

Back