CAV GT 40 #47 Gulf Spec

It is a very nice looking car.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I seem to remember that 1075, from JW, had a distinctive round indention on the front of the door handle, I suppose for easier use of the lever. 1074 and 1076 had completely different door handles. Does anyone make those kinds of doors?

Again, nice job on the car.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Pat, Right you are. There's a lot of details that you can chase down to get even closer to 1075.

I suppose finding the balance between authenticity, roadability and practicality is the trick. The door handles were changed on several race GT40s to make jumping in after the "LeMans Start" quicker. I'd like to know if anyone makes a quality reproduction of these handles.

I seem to remember Mk11s with a loop welded on the stock handle for the same reason.

Angelo's car will be getting a few trick updates over the winter. Expect to see blacked out light openings up front, wing tabs on the D-zus fasteners, Oval Louvers on rear body section and possibly right side only exposed Monza Quick Fill fuel filler cap.

Thanks to Brian B. for giving me the 1989 Road & Track article on John Wyer and 1075. Time flies...

Attachments

• 22808-1075jwa.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 323
Hey Guys where's the mirrors??? Ian I was right. The car didn't have mirrors. It looks much better without them but safety/sight is an issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi all. There's been a lot going on here in Canada with this car. Inside track is doing a full length feature article on the car for their fall/xmas issue. The car has been tested both on city streets and at Mosport International Speedway (not full out here). I believe that they're doing a calander for 04 and it should be in there as well. Lots of great pics on the track and from inside the car.
Formula publications who does the testing for Carguide and the Toronto Star Wheels section will be doing an article as well in the next few weeks for national disribution.
All have had nothing but good things to say about the car both inside and out, fit and finish, ride and control. One of the chaps had test driven the new Lambo Murcielago and his opinion was that the GT40 was better. Now thats a testimonial.
Every where the car goes it emptys out the office/ showroom /dealership. It is definitely leaving a lasting impression with all who see it.
The distibutor up here from Pro Park lifts also wants to take some pics of the car in my garage on the lift (his brand) for his catalogue.
Having nothing but fun with #47 (alias 1075)!!

Hey Angelo,

Are you able to post a few more pics for us? Perhaps throw in a few detailed ones? Or photos of the GT at these events?

Thanks

First let me make a correction to my last post. The lambo was the baby lambo the Gallardo not the Murciello. Sorry about that. A misquote.
With regards to pics I will have to set up a new yahoo account to post the pics at Mosport. The photographer had some heavy duty digital equip and the avg pic size is 1.75MB. Way too large to post here and to shrink down.
As soon as this is done I will post the link. Cheers!!

Hey Frknfast,

Since you are into the Gulf thing, here's an idea for your next toy!

Attachments

• 23547-image001A.jpg
    23547-image001A.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 367
Hi all it's too bad this thread was moved to no mans land. For all those looking and enquiring about gt40s of any kind please look here as there are some great ideas and info.
But I digress. The real news is that this car is on the cover and feature story in the Xmas issue of Inside Track. This is a great story about the CAV GT40 with even a comment about the car from Paul Cooke from Comstock days who was involved with the early gt40s. If you can, try and get this mag. The story is fantastic, including an on the track written commentary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Frknfast,

Exactly where do you want this thread? A Builder's Forum was created and I was thinking this thread was about you and you building your car. Now you aren't happy with it here. Do you want it back in the CAV section?

Anyone else have any ideas on this cause I'd like to hear them. When this thread was in the main forum you posted on it daily with relatively small updates and I constantly got emails to move it somewhere else.

From your comment it seems you want to be an advertisement of some sort - "For all those looking and enquiring about GT40s of any kind please look here." If that is what you want then it shouldn't be here in the Builder's Forum.

If you have news, such as the cover shot, why not post it as a new thread instead of hijacking the old thread and changing it into something it isn't?

Ron

Sorry Ron I didn't know that it was moved to this section when I posted. When I went to the CAV specific part of the forum I got the seperate link but I didn't notice that it was in the builders forum section. It's OK there. No need to move it at all.
Once again didn't mean to flame you or anyone else about this.
But in the mean time keep your eyes peeled for the Inside Track mag. It's going to be way cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron I didn't hijack the thread at all, at least not intentionally. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif As for the pic Ian Clark of CAV Canada is going to post it in the CAV portion of the web site very soon as he has a good version to post.

Hi Bill thanks for the info on the new toy. I'll let the better quarter know. Could be a cool Xmas gift. Sorry so long to respond as I was lost but now I'm found in the forum topics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Ok, so what I'm hearing is it is fine in the CAV section so I'll put it back there. It might fit better there anyhow since there isn't really build progrss happening which is what the Builder's Forum is intended for, your car is done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

R

Back