Le Mans Classic Club Event

Hi to all our members,
just a reminder to send me your entries ASAP.
This event is the event of the year, the best Historic racing-for 24 hours, the chance to drive the full Le Mans circuit with 30+ other 40's, restaurant meal on friday and BBQ on saturday, club entry tickets for circuit include grandstand and paddock access
Oh and the weather is usually hot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Roy
Should that not read restaurant meal on the Thursday evening, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Friday evening is
Practice night.

Update for this event.
I have arranged to extend the deadline for our club entries to 10th January as some members missed the original deadline, so get those entries in ASAP, or wait another 2 years!
So far I have received completed entry forms for 60 members and 25 cars.

Another Update
Hi all, we now have 75 members booked and 26 cars driving the circuit. If any members still wish to attend please send the Club booking form to me asap- must close january 10th

Roy,

Prices on LeMansClassic.com are as follow:

Club full entry for the week end : 37€
Track time : 105€

May i ask why we have a such difference with prices from the GT40 HC prices ?

45£ (65€) for the entry ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't consider my question as an attack but just a wonder, may be there is a good explanation.

I trust that all of you going to the classic will support Robin Batt (GTD Owner/Racer), who has had his entry for the 2006 race accepted in his Jaguar E type.

Roy,

Thank you for the explanations ! I forgot the marquee ....
My form is on the way to you !
Waiting for seeing you all there!

Hi to all attending this event, we now have 91 club members attending, from New Zealand, Sweden, Germany, France & U.K.

Also 31 cars booked to drive the circuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif I look forward to meeting everyone in july.
Information and updates will be sent via E-mail or post to keep you all informed prior to the event.
Best
Roy

Hi Roy I hope you don't forget Belgium!see you all at le mans.greetings Emiel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Emiel,
we dont forget the belgiums! Update: final numbers, 101 people and 36 cars, look forward to seeing you all in France. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

For those attending Le-mans Classic in July and wanting a cheap ferry crossing that is
within a two and half hour trip from the French ports try LD Lines.com they offer
Portsmouth Le-Harve overnight crossing for Car and Driver £192.
And I have been told the service is excellent, I think they have taken over the old PO
route, a bit dearer than Speedferries Dover - Boulogne crossing but at least you don't
have the 300 mile trip down to Le-Mans,
Anybody on the Monday 3 July Night Sailing ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
For anyone interested in joining in convoy etc. I am going over on Wed 5th July 07:30hrs (FastCat), and returning on Monday 10th July 19:00hrs (normal ferry). Crossing from Poole to Cherbourg.

If anyone is interestd in doing this, get in touch (by email preferrably). I could put a few people up (or find somewhere local), and have off road parking for several cars. Only 5 miles from my house to ferry port.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif,

Max

Update, I have received the paperwork back from france and it seems we can still get a few more cars into this event but need to confirm before wednesday 15th so if any members missed the original deadline /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif but still want to attend with the club and drive the circuit, contact me ASAP!

Roy,

Is there hotel booking or anything else you have foreseen within the group ?
I am not sure what would be the best accomodation option to be together or is everyone taking his own initiatives ?
What about the French/Belgian connection?What are your intentions?
Tx
Rgds
Fred

Back