Le Mans Classic Club Event

Keith

Bummer! After all that work Ian, and trials with the SVA. You must be gutted. Still, it was a "race too far" given the time scale. Presumably the fix won't be too expensive or complex. :)

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Im travelling down with Chris Melia and should arrive about 10.00 am saturday morning.
I know its at the last moment, but might there be someone out there who has a passenger seat free, for the drive around the circuit ?
Im a Le Mans virgin and so havent got it out of my system yet, if you ever do! If you have a mobile please ring me on 07910-408507.
Anyway, hope you all have a stress free journey and see you there.

Last edited:
Andy,

If you join the circuit at 10.00 am (french time) it will be too late to take a place in a free seat for the track laps. Start of our session is planed at 9.40 to 10.15 am on Saturday...

Chris and you must come sooner, the access to the circuit could be a bit tough as well, lot of people will join this year.

See you there

Fred

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks to Roy

I'm sure everybody who went would like to join me in thanking Roy for all his efforts in organising everything. It all took a tremendous amount of organisation from months in advance right up to the time the last car left.

There were of course many others involved at various stages, but without Roy's core effort much of it would not have taken place.

So once again, cheers & thanks to Roy. Of course, all of this took its toll, and not even the World Cup final could keep Roy awake any longer... ;-)

Cheers,

Max

Attachments

• Dscn5289.jpg
    Dscn5289.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 516
  • Dscn5329.jpg
    Dscn5329.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 501
A big Thank You to Roy

Roy,

I can only join all the others by saying a big THANK YOU to you
for all your efforts. Particularly for you coming round by scooter
(nice sight, at that) to my camping site for bringing me my tickets.

Best to you,
Marcus

Knackered

Hi Max, thanks for the kind words, I had a massive amount of help from other members, namely Brian Magee for rescuing the Clothing and getting it out to the members, Ken Dean, who with his motorhome and his organisational skills in the campsite, and Ian O'reilly (Camp Commandant and comedien) and his son Ben who drove the support vehicle, complete with Freezer and food and also collected all the food from the supermarket on saturday while I was organising the event/members. John and Chris Beattie (of A Car is Born) fame, who slaved over hot BBQ's during the evening, Shona Finnan (our Chairmans wife) who took control of the food prep and organisation for the BBQ (don't think she trusted us men!) Tony Hunt, who organised the drinks on saturday with the officials and guests, Claude Nahume for his influence in securing the club site at the circuit. Big thankyou to all the members who attended, from New Zealand, Belgium, France, Italy to name a few, thanks to you all-SEE YOU IN 2008

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Thanks

A big thanks to all (and especially Roy Snook) for making me and Carmen so welcome at the Le Mans Classic. I didn't get to speak to half the people I would have liked to, but those I did meet made me feel right at home. Thanks to Chris and Dave for the rides in your cars (fantastic!!). All in all a well worthwhile trip, even if it did set the build back about six months...

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
pictures at Le Classic - Essex Wire

Hi folks
Does anyone have any pics of Essex Wire GTD - KRL793E at Le Classic - most of my pics are of the paddock, so any pics (or movies) on the track would be appreciated.

Ta Roy (and the others) for all your work - it was a good job, well done. Lets hope the organisers were impressed with your professionalism and will give you the recognition you so deserve (maybe not put us with the Jags next year?)

Richard

Last edited:
Back