Audi Reverse switch connector help

I'm subscribed to this one...have not yet started researching, but this has been on my to-do list for a while.

Hi Brett,
Other than paying a fortune for the mating connector at an Audi dealer or sourcing local breaker yards for a suitable part, the standard method is to solder on a pair of short wires to the pins and then fill the hole with an epoxy resin. Then use a suitable male/female connector on the new wires.
Regards,
Andy

Hi Brett

I agree with Andy, the pins are already corroded and it will only get worse when it's on the back of the car. You'd need to clean the contacts with suitable solvent, I normally use a degreaser, then something like servisol. Then solder a couple of flying leads,.....

I can do it for you, PM me if you want it done. I run a small electronics company search acksen.com, so have all the stuff.

K

Pat, I don't know first hand,.... perhaps others do. If you have the switch, you could try it. Assuming the thread size/pitch and length are the same. Note the amount of travel on the actuators (the moveable bit on the end), this too would need to be the same, or very similar The other thing to note is its electrical sense, are they both normally open switches (or normally closed for that matter) and does pressing the actuator close/open the contacts. I guess they are normally open contacts. K

I just ran a micro switch on the linkage.

Narva sell crimp terminals for that switch,Very small brass female.
It maybe more convenient than soldering.

Jim

Back