New Xtrac 6012 Supercar Transaxel

Is this heavier than the Ricardo?

The only real problem I see here is that it's probably going to be too wide for most GT chassis. :cry:

Of course, that only encourages creative solutions.:idea:

The choice continues to expand, provided you have sufficient coin....

Re: New Xtrac 6012 Supercar Transaxle

Does anyone have an idea of the price? My Ford GT Ricardo was not cheap and is fairly long in the RCR 40 chassis. This definitely looks interesting and would help weight distribution greatly by being so short. I'm not about to change but as per the previous post its great to see lots of possible options appearing.

6012.jpg

Its only 10lb heavier than the Ricardo, dont see why the width should be a major problem as the transmission case is out behind any of the GT40 chassis structure.
Looks like the Spiral Bevel gears are on the lower shaft with helical spur's from the top-possibly thru a 3 gear train.

Well look at that - its very much identical to the McLaren F1 gearbox, less of course the suspension mounts etc etc. The design was originally by Weissman, then tweeked by McLaren and produced by FF Developments in the UK for the Macca F1. I have some photos somewhere of the insides .. and this is very much the same box.
Jac, you are right about the gear train drive ......

If anyone has the price I would love to know. I hope it is more than my Ricardo as the packaging benefits are huge! I would like to know if it is necessary to support the rear of the Xtrac box in the 40. I cannot see any mounts on it. My Ricardo simply cantilevers off the engine as STD from RCR. I'm trying to develop a mount arrangement to the top of it to take some load of the bell housing but its fairly tricky. This box is so short it may not need any supplementary mounting.

On another thread about why transaxels are so expensive the Xtrac 6012 is mention as being $25K. I think I'll stick with my G50/52.

Back