Hi From California

I recently offered to help a friend sell his ERA GT40 Mk1 formerly owned by another forum member, Jim Holden, his green/yellow car. After having the car transported down to Sacramento from Williams, Oregon my son and I have become enthralled with this car. We have spent a lot of time detailing it and sorting out issues here there and can now fully enjoy the car. After some "seat time", we both agree this just may be the most fun we have had in a sportscar. Together we have either owned or driven countless exotics and vintage British cars. I don't think any of them have given us the sheer excitement and adrenaline rush that this car has. I am desperately trying to figure out a way to buy it myself but have concerns about CA registration and did post a new thread this evening about this. I can see there is a wealth of information here and also look forward to enjoying the Gallery. Thank you to Jim Holden also, who has been very helpful and responsive to my many questions. I hope to be posting as an owner in the future. Mike

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,

Registering a gt40 in CA is not that hard, the SB100 is a fairly straigh forward process. I did mine this last Jan 2nd.

There is very good info in many places in this site. If you have any other questions just ask!

Thanks Jim, I did post a new thread and have been getting some great input. The tricky part with mine is that it is currently registered in Oregon as a 1993 ERA, that may cause some issues here. I am hoping it can be registered by the engine year which is a Boss 302, 1969 I think. Mike

Since that car is already titled as a 1993 I think it will be difficult to register in California, it will need to meet 93 emissions standards.
This per my sister who runs a DMV office in CA.
Dave

Re: Rebecca in California

Hello GT40 owners I am new at this forum stuff and I thought I would write to introduce myself and my CAV GT40 now that it is in excellent condition after approx. 6 years.
I would agree with some of the comments here since I have the privledge of owning this wonderful car that it has been most enjoyable to drive.

for the most part it sits in the garage, but when I get a chance I pull it out just to brighten my day.

where is everyone meeting this year (2010) to get together for coffee and enjoy the sights of other GT40's here in the santa clara county bay area?

I was just wondering so I would know ahead of time to make plans.
Rebecca

Hey Rebecca, welcome to the forum.. There are several members in that area and I'm sure they will post soon. Enjoy!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Rebecca ... I'm sure others from your local area while join in soon!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hi Rebecca, The Bay Area Cobra Club meets every Saturday morning (7am -9ish) at the Rockhouse in Livermore.

Rock House Pub and Grill
1840 Portola Ave.
Livermore Calif.

Bay Area Cobra Club

Great group of guys (and wife's) all adults (no flakes). There are 4-5 GT40 owners in the club and a couple of Ford GT's along with some Daytona coupes, 65-66 fastback Mustangs, and of course lots of Cobras and some other cool rides.

This is a low key club, free to join, (everyone is a President) and they do a lot of get togethers and fun drives in the summer. There is even a smaller number of open track guys embedded in the group also.

Come on by if it doesn't rain. There is always a few guys there even in the dead of winter.

As far as GT40 get togethers, you are hereby invited to my annual GT40 party in the fall at my home in San Ramon. Drop me a PM or email and I'll include you on the email /phone invite list.

It's that easy........... Just ask........and the forum delivers.

Howard Jones

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rebecca,

Welcome, it's good to hear about another 40 in our area, were have you been hiding? We live in Saratoga and get out car out almost every weekend if its not raining.

There is a fairly large get together on Sat mornings behind Santana Row 10:00 to 12:00+-, we are there most weeks. There are lots of different attendees, and occasionally a second 40 or GT.

I see the note from Howard, he is a good guy and puts on a great get together.

Hope to see you around!

Jim & Fran

Last edited:
And don't forget the West & South Bay Chapters of the Bay Area Cobra Club have a breakfast get-together every couple weeks either at Baji's in Mountain View or Alice's in Woodside. Jim C. has attended at least one that I can remember. Check out the Club Club Forum for a current thread with dates.

Your 40 loooks familiar. There was a couple on the south eastern side of the county who drove a Pantera (husband Patrick's car) and a blue CAV 40 (the wifes car). Could this be the same 40? Pat brought it to one of Howards earlier get togethers.

Back