New guy in Florida

Howdy-do, everyone. Name's Matt and I'm looking seriously at getting involved in this GT40 thing. My wife and I are new to all this, but I'm intrigued by the idea of building a car and I have been in love with the GT40 since I was a child. My plans are to shop around for which kit will fit my needs best and pull the trigger on the project within the next two years or so.

I'll be doing quite a bit of lurking while taking in as much info as I can so that I can make a well thought out and informed decision on the path to take. And I'll be asking a lot of dumb questions, sorry. Thanks in advance for the patience!:thumbsup:

Hello Matt! Welcome to the Forum. You should be able to find all the information you need for an informed decision right here.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Matt..

A lot of us are building and I'm sure that all of us would be happy to share their own unique vantage points with you..

And as my old Flight Instructor once told me -
There's no such thing as a dumb question - only dumb mistakes.. :)

Ask away!

Thanks for the welcome. This seems to be the right place to start.

Thanks to you as well. I'm in the Jacksonville area.

I'm in Palm Bay/Melbourne area, about three hours from you. You're welcome to come down & have a look at the SL-C anytime.

Jack

Hey Matt, Unless there's a GT40 in Jax (I'm sure there is but I'm probably not aware of it) I might be the closest to you. I live just outside of Gainesville. I have a CAV (CAPE ADVANCED VEHICLE) car (pre 100 series) with a 347 and Webers. Yellow / Black. Shoot me a PM and we can x-change #'s if you want to discuss your thoughts on the CAV series oir anything else.

And as my old Flight Instructor once told me -
There's no such thing as a dumb question - only dumb mistakes.. :)

Ask away!

Ain't that the truth! And I will, thanks.

I'm in Palm Bay/Melbourne area, about three hours from you. You're welcome to come down & have a look at the SL-C anytime.

Jack

Welcome Matt, if you get to Orlando give me a shout.

Hey Matt, Unless there's a GT40 in Jax (I'm sure there is but I'm probably not aware of it) I might be the closest to you. I live just outside of Gainesville. I have a CAV (CAPE ADVANCED VEHICLE) car (pre 100 series) with a 347 and Webers. Yellow / Black. Shoot me a PM and we can x-change #'s if you want to discuss your thoughts on the CAV series oir anything else.

Thank you all! I really appreciate all the offers to take a peek. That means a lot to me, because reading the individual company websites is dizzying, and yet unproductive in the area of real details. An eyes-on inspection of a finished, or in-progress, work would do volumes of good for me.

Back