1046[Al] Tribute build from Alberta

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
I finally did it and pulled the trigger on a project I've been planning for a few years now. Signed the deal with Fran at RCR for a 1966 GT40 MkII...

I'm building a P/1046 tribute car and I'm committed to hitting as many 1046 details as I can. The most notable feature on this build will be the custom all-Aluminum alloy Roof/Cockpit, paired with the Aluminum alloy Monocoque Chassis. This gives me the best possible foundation to compete with an SPF chassis in my opinion. My goal here is not only to deliver on the 1046 details, but I’ve set out to build an Aluminum version of 1046 that will stand side by side with an SPF car. (And for HALF the price) ...will be powered by an Aluminum Pond 427 FE.

I appreciate great forums like these for the wealth of knowledge available, I look forward to learning as much as I can from you fine folks.

Cheers,

IMG_4761.jpeg

Last edited:

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
Would love to hear the details regarding the roof section in Alu!
It will be hand fabricated from the ground up, windshield frame, roof and rear bulkhead. It will be permanently installed to the chassis. The end result, an aluminum monocoque chassis and aluminum roof/cockpit as one piece, one structure. A substantial upgrade making my car all the more real...

Back