New member from Canada

Hi all,
New guy here from Quebec City, Canada.
I built a Daytona Coupe replica with a kit from Factory Five Racing that I registered for the road last year.
I might be interested in building a SLC in the future, so I'll be poking around to look and learn from you guys.
Thanks in advance for letting me in.
Cheers!

Francois

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Francois. There’s a very large group of very knowledgeable and talented people on this forum. Read through the build threads for some great ideas.
Enjoy the forum !!

Regards Brian

Ken Roberts

Supporter
My girlfriend lives in Hudson Quebec. The car hobbyists there tell me it's very difficult to register specialty cars in Quebec. Was it difficult for you to register the Factory 5 car Francois?

In one word, yes.
It takes time, lots of it.
But I made it for my FFR.
My experience tells me that with these kind of project the most important tool you need is…patience!

Hi all,

Started to read lots of building threads, listent to lots of videos, bought Rumbles e-book.
Question is: I built my FFR Daytona Coupe without welding anything. Is this possible with an SL-C kit?
I do not have the equipment, nor the knowledge and interest to do so.
TIA

Francois

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Unfortunately there is no bolt on exhaust system available for the SL-C car. That would be one of the main items requiring welding. A radiator fan shroud would also involve fabricating and welding.

Unfortunately there is no bolt on exhaust system available for the SL-C car. That would be one of the main items requiring welding. A radiator fan shroud would also involve fabricating and welding.
Ok thanks!
If these are the two items to consider I believe I could live with that.
I could find someone around here to do these.
My point is that I don’t want a project with a lot of welding, one that would imply that I have to get the equipment and knowledge.
Am I wrong thinking like that?
TIA

Francois

Back