new 500, finally a NICE fiat

finally they have done it.
The "cinquino" is back, and is very nice in look (reminds 1957 Dante Giacosa's masterpiece).
Is the ONLY fiat (not reds) I would like to have.
They are talking of engines of 100hp and also some new abarth version.
Will wait to see the final thing for sale.
Fiat 500

The only sad point is that Fiat stole the draw and the shape of the new 500 from a student...and they still deny(prototype draw name "trepiù uno" 3+1 )

Date of sale will be 4th july 2007,exactly 50 yrs after the first.
To see today one of theme on the road is really too cute (and too dangerous..)

Attachments

• 21307_3-4-500_norm.jpg
    21307_3-4-500_norm.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 305
Paolo,

FYI, I don't mean to be hard on car companies considering they pay me, but like all business people in hard times, they try to use as much as they can without paying. Other companies do the same.

They also try to protect what they have. You pretty much clarified that.

Best
Dom

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The turbo Hyabusa engine would go well in the "cinquino". Just a front splitter, slightly lowered, a vestigial rear wing and a central driving position with no other seats. Milan to the Adriatic in 45 minutes.....
We used to call them 'maggots' 35 years ago.

Keith

The Fiat 500 is part of my youth and as such is Urban Legend. In the "good old days" I had a girlfriend 6' tall with one of these, and she used to drive me to work in it. Later, we would park up in a quiet spot and.......and......and........:eek:

Give up after 15 frustrating minutes with legs, arms and other bits stuck out of the windows! :mad:

And the roof....:eek:

Happy days......:)

The Fiat 500 is part of my youth and as such is Urban Legend. In the "good old days" I had a girlfriend 6' tall with one of these, and she used to drive me to work in it. Later, we would park up in a quiet spot and.......and......and........:eek:

Give up after 15 frustrating minutes with legs, arms and other bits stuck out of the windows! :mad:

And the roof....:eek:

Happy days......:)

Keith, u are my idol:D
btw, thats the main reason the "quick release steering wheel" is so request over the gt40s:D

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice, now if we can just shoehorn in a small block v8;)

I think a mid-engine SBF/ZF drivetrain ought to do just fine! The driver might just have to sit on the air cleaner, though.

Dugly

Back