Moto Gp 2007

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
In case you hadn't noticed, Aussies qualified first and second at Mugello:pepper:

Saturday, 2nd June 2007Qualifying times - Mugello.

Full MotoGP qualifying times from the Italian Grand Prix at a wet/dry Mugello, round six of the 2007 world championship.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 0.359 secs
2. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 1.381 secs
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 2min 1.695 secs
4. Olivier Jacque FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 1.709 secs
5. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 1.797 secs
6. Marco Melandri ITA Gresini Honda (B) 2min 2.001 secs
7. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 2.443 secs
8. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 2min 2.776 secs
9. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 2.932 secs
10. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 2min 3.025 secs
11. Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 2min 3.920 secs
12. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 2min 4.185 secs
13. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 2min 4.353 secs
14. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 2min 4.971 secs
15. Toni Elias SPA Gresini Honda (B) 2min 5.592 secs
16. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 2min 6.254 secs
17. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 2min 6.426 secs
18. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 2min 6.660 secs
19. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 2min 7.571 secs

DNQ:
Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 2min 9.080 secs

Attachments

• stoner.jpg
    stoner.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 547
I hadnt noticed....... really. Although I see that TEAM ''NEPOTISM'' ROBERTS is pulling up the rear. Seriously though, I do wish local boys the Roberts clan well. Maybe Curtis and Hopper can get into some of those bar bashing exersizes they used to pull in the AMA! Curtis could only be be so lucky. Hell, maybe we can get Roger Hayden on Team Green and he can do a stoppie flip into and OVER Hopper, like he did in AMA!

I wonder if Vermullen will be able to accomplish these results in the dry?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Not upto it today...

Rossi 1st
Pedrosa 2nd
Barros 3rd
Stoner 4th
Hopkins 5th
Elias 6th
Capirossi 7th
Vermeulen 8th

Rossi is having to work really hard this year to win isn't he? Really good racing.
The bikes sound so gorgeous but I wonder why they don't rev as high as the (much bigger) Formula One engines? In F1 they are limited to 19,000 rpm but those little 800 cc bike engines only seem to climb to around 16,000..
If my memory serves the four stroke Hondas Mike Hailwood rode at the Isle of Man TT were reaching those kind of figures in the sixties...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ken, It was a brilliant race and the Doctor did just enough and no more. A demonstration ride I thought.
Why do they sound that way? Possible due to a lot less cylinders ? I don't really know. But I remember Mike Hailwood on the Honda at the TT and it was positively singing - but anything did in his hands...

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Sorry about spoiling it for you Pete. If you've taped it then it is worth watching the first 8 laps and the last 3.
Lap 9 to 20 was a bit of a procession, as David said, Rossi did what he had to and controlled the race.

Cheers

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I was winding you up Bill I actually watched it live, but some time ago someone had a shot at me for talking results without taking into account time zones. So I couldn't resist:D
It was a terrific race and Rossi had it under control all the way. I think that is his sixth or seventh straight win at Mugello. Much more interesting than F1.

I am just worried for Capirossi.
He developed all the bike...Stoner arrived in ducati and is too fast than him(always and everywhere..)
Will be all this due to the too beautiful swedish wife of Capirossi??:squint:

btw...the doctor is Back..:pepper:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Beautiful women can have that effect Paolo, look at Tiger Wood's form before and after he met up with his beautiful lady for instance.:D

Only one problem if your form runs out, the money runs out and so do the beautiful women. Or am I becoming a cynic?

Mrs Tiger.

nordegren_getty.jpg

Thats usually the love way in showbusiness.
Think is even more true looking at new Jean Todt girlfriend (that nice chinese actress,dont remember the name),they seems the beauty and the beast.

Btw, isnt also Tiger Wood's wife from Sweden?:D

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
It helps a lot when the "Beast" has several million Euro's in his hip pocket.;)
I dont know where Mrs Tiger comes from, but speaking of things Nordic Kimi's girl aint to foul either.

Attachments

• 535103868__Gala_2 (Small).jpg
    535103868__Gala_2 (Small).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 498
Another of Mrs. Wood,
If I remember she was a nanny and part time model before becoming #1 with Tiger.

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 516
the Mrs in question is Elin Nordegren,and obviously..for SUCH amazing beauty she is swedish (and for anybody visiting that country...it is really nothing so special up there).
I have been in viking land many times...is the only place where u see too nicer females running around..much much more than in commercials or in tv.
For whom is italian and addicted to beauty,this is a BIG problem, beacuse everywhere u go u will remain :eek: shocked(when a child I was sure only american girls were too nice, cause movie and telefilm..then I've noted they usually are all over 200 kilos..so I give up and start travel around old europe....:D kidding..).
Beauties are all over..but in some places..a little more;)

...'i've already told u I think sweden is one of the nicest places where to live...

Attachments

• elin_nordegren.jpg
    elin_nordegren.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 470
  • W020070101424036586993.jpg
    W020070101424036586993.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 459
LOL!
Youre right Pete .... this thread is deteriorating for the better. Paolo if I make it to Italy we have to hang out, you have your priorities in order !

I remember in high school my girlfriend's older brother had a KNOCKOUT for a girlfriend. An exchange student from Finland ...... beautiful, built and blonde ....hot hot hot..... Ino Contennen was her name ....... ahhhh she didnt leave too deep an impression on me, you think?

I crack me up.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Young Aussie Casey Stoner has renewed his contract for 2008 with Ducatti it was announced today. After his recent efforts I bet the price went up.