Moto Gp 2007

I logged onto this thread and was surprised to see serious discussion of the bike racing (beats the F1 procession). Well, I thought, for once Pete is not throwing in the side illustrations of the fair sex. But sure enough, part way along I was not disappointed and pictures of luscious things with in and out bits added to the delights of motor bike racing. Nice blend of infotainment here, combining all the good things in life.
Now back to the racing results.
Dalton

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This is Just for you Dalton.:D

Qld Raceway sick of it's critics and being called the paper clip have employed a new flag Marshall for the start finish line hoping this will Jazz up their image.

Attachments

• 051098514913.jpg
    051098514913.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 425

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Is that for real Pete? Or just another one of your windups?;)

Anyway, do you have a drivers eye view of that beauty?:pepper:

Cheers

What does ''Nickle and Dime'' mean in Europe???
Of monetary values - self evident but not a term used in Europe.
Does it have a 'slang' meaning in the U.S.A. ?

Sorry David, I never noticed this response!

If I remember the Brit round of Moto GP .... I noticed many official signs around the track promoting "Nickle and Dime", I just wondered what that was. As I would have no idea what that would mean in Europe as Europeans don't use nickles and dimes. That's why I asked.

Some slang in the US is - A sale were you are charged for every little component of an item separately instead of one price for the whole unit = "That guy nickle and dimed me to death"

Other = In the 1950's and earlier a popular name for a class of retail stores was "Nickle and Dime Store" (where most items were about that price or less expensive goods in general)

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Construction on the new 2.6-mile road course to be used for the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP motorcycle race has started at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The construction work will take much of the winter.
Construction began the day after the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. There will be a new four-turn section for MotoGP bikes on the infield at Turn 1. Dry Run Creek, which runs inside Turn 1, will be re-routed and filled in to allow for the new section of track. Behind the IMS Hall of Fame Museum, a new S-curve complex is being built that will launch the riders on to the back straight on Hulman Boulevard (as used by F1 but running in the opposite direction).
The construction work is being carried out so as to avoid disrupting the day-to-day activities at the speedway.

mamma mia...aiuto....

Tgcom - Rossi, fisco chiede 112 milioni

article is in italian....shortly:
Doctor has to pay as soon as possible the tiny amount of 112 milions euro (155 milion dollars..:eek:) for earnings not declared in period 2000-2004.
He made a mess (surely his consulants not at level) taking personal residence in UK, London and this was a sort of ringbell for italian fiscal police.

This ugly use is too common down here,is one of the point where our system definitely lacks.
We do not feel at all as a united nation and the last think we want to do (but we are obliged..) is to pay taxes.
Almost ALL italian sportsman took residence in Montecarlo only to avoid our fiscal system.

I've never heard Michael Schumacher try do the same in Germany (but knowing how serious is THAT fiscal system I am sure they will nearly kill him if something similar will even happen).
More...from what I know..he was and always is still resident in Kerpen.
No way also if such shit will happen in USA.

sad moment for such big champion..:(

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Rossi denies any evasion. Favourable tax conditions in Britain? :confused: Italy must be horrendous.

Former world motor cycling champion Valentino Rossi defended himself from allegations of tax evasion on Italian television on Tuesday.
"The professionals who handle my income declarations have assured me that they respected the rules, as I have always asked them to do," the 28-year-old Yamaha rider told state broadcaster RAI.
"My conscience is clean. This story will be over very soon".
Last week, Italy's tax agency said it was examining possible tax evasion on undeclared revenues of 60 million euros ($81.50 million) from 2000 to 2004.
The investigation is linked to the rider's decision in 2000 to take up residence in Britain to take advantage of favourable tax conditions.
"The Italian tax authorities probably don't agree with the authorities of other countries, like Britain," Rossi said. "But they have to find the solution between themselves, without taking it out on me".
Rossi, a sporting hero in Italy, won the 125cc world championship in 1997, the 250cc title in 1999 and the 500cc crown in 2001 before bagging four MotoGP titles from 2002-2005.

Rossi denies any evasion. Favourable tax conditions in Britain? :confused: Italy must be horrendous.

yes, it is, definitely.
The fiscal oppression here is something incredible.
I do not blaime to pay taxes...I only note only few ones HAVE to pay what all the rest doesnt pay(and never will...)
Almost u all are american or anglo saxons,believe me my friends...there is nothing more nasty of what happens here with taxes.
I love to read..(for example in america...)if u dont pay taxes u go to JAIL..and stay there (here people comes..and do what they want.U kill somebody..if it is the first time..ok..u CAN GO HOME...maybe..from the second killing we will keep u in jail.Seems a joke but is our reality).
My dad showed me an article on a newspaper about an ultra 80yrs old American businessman..placed in JAIL for 15 yrs cause frauding others.
The same for Enron falling down....too cool to see who robbered suicide or in prison for LONG period.

If u robber over taxes here ..u are not looked as an asshold...but as a skilled guy;),this is the problem.

I just hope for my hero Valentino all will be clear.
Consider also for me UK, USA and other CIVIL places are a real fiscal dreamland.
I've made the counting of the money I have payed until today in taxes and any sort of penalty to italian govern.
In 15 yrs work I am near to 500.000 euros, cause I belong to the most hated cathegory of italian workers: commerciants.

This ugly condition comes to the too bad sensation that what u pay will be stolen and trashed by our Politics "working" in Rome,or by any sort of pubblic office doing nothing maybe near sea,filling 8 hours of work with bla bla and drinking coffee.
We have a number of politics that is DOUBLE the american one...
In UK u can have also online the detailed description of the real cost of Buckingham Palace (somewhere in this website: Buckingham Palace press releases > Reduction in Head of State expenditure ).At least they tell u where the hell goes every penny.

I dont like French...but one of the nicest thing they did in history was to go to Versailles in 1789 and beheade all the Politics of that age.:mad:
We never had a real revolution down here, just an ugly door to door civil war in 1946, after second world war..

it's Italy:sun, mare, mamma...bella vita...belle donne, fare un cazzo,pizza, ferrari and calcio calcio calcio......maybe also robber a little(better than work), and I hate all this.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Go Casey..

The World Championship leader Casey Stoner appears to be in unstoppable form again this weekend at the Cardion ab Grand Prix Ceske republiky having taken his fourth pole of the 2007 season - and his third in successive races - 0.280s ahead of World Champion Nicky Hayden.

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Awww c'mon Paolo why doncha tell us what you really think?:D:D

eheh Pete.
I honestly think his situation is MUCH MORE worst than what they have found at today.
As all italians..if he can NOT pay taxes he simply will do the impossible not to pay, be sure.

There is another UGLY urban legends down here (I am now 20 kmts from Valentino's birth place) about he (and many others) addicted to cocaine, But probably this story will never come to light,cause the effect will be terrific.
I just hope this is an urban legend...and not a sad reality.

His friend Uccio definitely talks too much...

Today's local newspapers mentioned that the Grand Stand tickets were all sold out for the Moto GP here at Philip Island (Aus) so the organizers have decided to put up more grand stands rather than knock back sales... and they are prepared to put up even more again if required. Even the general admission sales are already 150% on last year's. Too bad if you haven't booked your accommodation yet. The weekend should be a real hoot. I'm getting my grand stand tickets this week.
:pepper::pepper::pepper:
Now do I remember someone recently poopooing my suggestion that Casey was the real deal? ;)

Nice to have Nicky and Hopper up there. Hopper gave it a go but backed off before he threw himself on the ground AGAIN trying to do the impossible. He seems almost angry it has taken so long to get results in motoGP .... would be nice if he would enjoy the podium a bit more. I remember when John was just running around here (california) doing club races. His sponsor would write on local forums "keep an eye on this kid, he going to be good", as his first sponsor (the man who wrote that line) deserves to be proud.

You go John ... and try to enjoy it a little more :)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The 125 race was a cracker, best I have seen for some time.:pepper:
ChrisL thats good news about the ticket sales.....Do you know how close to completion the Hotel I've heard they are building at the island is?

I am really happy that Ducati are doing so well but to be honest I think their advantage is a bit too big and might dampen the entertainment a tad.
(How far is a tad? In space terms, about 1/2 a million miles - one of the Flying highs)

Sad to see Yammie (Michelin) having so much trouble...

Tim.