engine for sale

I remember yonks ago a gent by the name of, John Dodd, (forgive me if I'm wrong)put one of these into a pretend Rolls Royce. Huge bonnet!! RR didn't go much on it and demanded he remove the "lady" from the bonnet. He had it on the road an all. It met an untimely end, devoured by fire if I remember correctly.

I prefer this one. 1/5 th scale. Merlin XX

Attachments

• merlin.jpg
    merlin.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 388
One of the highly regarded rod shops in Aus managed to road register a 55 Chev Bel Air with a Merlin power plant a few years ago.

The Castlemaine Rod Shop Latest Projects

An former aeromodelling aquaintance who is an engine rebuilder has had a Merlin in a glass case in his living room for about 20 years. Think it was in a racing hydroplane before he aquired it.

Frank, isnt maybe that rolls royce llok alike unique car with Spitfire engine from the 70s? (i remember a post I made in the past but dont remember the name of the car...was soo cool anyway..;)

Mike Pass

Supporter
Check out Practical Performance Car magazine. One of their staffers Charlie runs a Merlin engined Rover SD1 and is aiming for a 200mph top speed. Sounds an entirely sensible thing to do in my view. The Great British Eccentric is alive and well!
Cheers
Mike

Back