Wrong Bike (funny)

Really funny, thanks Johan.

BTW...in real life the "Führer" didn´t even have a "Führerschein" (German for Driving Licence).

Best,

Marcus

Thank god most of his architectural sketches never came to be build,
some of them would look like London Bridge...

Attachments

• hitler_sketch.gif
    hitler_sketch.gif
    6 KB · Views: 194

Keith

Keith,
You're going to have to explain yourself about how and why Tower Bridge is still in London.:shrug:

Oh, why me....?

OK then, I believe that certain officials from the US were extremely embarrassed when they discovered that the "London Bridge" they bought for subsequent erection in the Arizona desert (?) as a tourist attraction was in fact London Bridge and not the "Tower Bridge" they were most certainly expecting.

I have no idea whether this is urban myth or not, but it's a great story...

Have I been set up here?

Last edited:
Both seem ready to collapse at any moment and I was scared to cross them.
I think they should be replaced with modern interstate style overpasses ASAP.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Oh, why me....?

OK then, I believe that certain officials from the US were extremely embarrassed when they discovered that the "London Bridge" they bought for subsequent erection in the Arizona desert (?) as a tourist attraction was in fact London Bridge and not the "Tower Bridge" they were most certainly expecting.

I have no idea whether this is urban myth or not, but it's a great story...

Have I been set up here?

No set up here is Wickepedia's version,

On 18 April 1968, Rennie's bridge was sold to the American entrepreneur Robert P. McCulloch of McCulloch Oil for US$2,460,000. A popular urban legend is that he believed mistakenly that he was buying the more impressive Tower Bridge, although McCulloch denied this.[7] As the bridge was disassembled, each piece was numbered to aid reassembly and those markings can still be seen today. The bridge was reconstructed at Lake Havasu City, Arizona and re-dedicated on October 10, 1971. The reconstruction of Rennie's London Bridge spans a man-made canal that leads from Lake Havasu to Thomson Bay, and forms the centrepiece of a theme park in English style, complete with mock-Tudor shopping mall. Rennie's London Bridge has become Arizona's second-biggest tourist attraction, after the Grand Canyon.

Back