DOT tires and the widest gulf flares? possible solution!

I was looking at various tires and I stumbled upon something that may be a solution for you guys running the widest gulf flares.
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels
<o:p> </o:p>
I don’t know if this helps or not, they seem a little tall.
These are apparently the widest DOT radials in existence. I did some research on them and it seems that they were designed for hotrodders as a general street tire and not just a drag tire like everything else this company makes. That said, who knows how stiff the sidewalls are.
Definitely not a race tire, but if you want to drive you flared car on the street and not have to worry about the ramifications of a race tire, maybe this could work?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

The problem with them is the diameter. The fronts will be a big problem. I have 23.5" tall tires on teh front of my GT40 and they rub. The backs are a little easier to fit, but 31" is going to rub a tad

29x18Rx15LT would be the go @ rear-- 29" tall---just for show ponies as 130mph speed rating is a bit of a Kill Joy-- only need a 2 speed trans to get there.:)

I don't quite understand why they made them with such a low speed rating. Well, if your going 130mph on the street, maybe you need race tires after all.. and a lawyer on speed dial...

Back