America - Or Is It UK?

Lee Iacocca, the man who rescued Chrysler Corporation from its death throes is now 82 years old and has new book. Here are some excerpts:

"Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, 'Stay the course'

"Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America , not the damned 'Titanic'. I'll give you a sound bite: 'Throw all the bums out!'

"You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore.

"The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq , the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving 'pom-poms' instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of the ' America ' my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for.

"I've had enough. How about you?

"I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have. The Biggest 'C' is Crisis ! (Iacocca elaborates on nine C's of leadership, crisis being the first.)

"Leaders are made, not born. Leadership is forged in times of crisis. It's easy to sit there with your feet up on the desk and talk theory Or send someone else's kids off to war when you've never seen a battlefield yourself. It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down.

"On September 11, 2001, we needed a strong leader more than any other time in our history. We needed a steady hand to guide us out of the ashes. A Hell of a Mess So here's where we stand. We're immersed in a bloody war with no plan for winning and no plan for leaving.Were running the biggest deficit in the history of the country. We're losing the manufacturing edge to Asia , while our once-great companies are getting slaughtered by health care costs. Gas prices are skyrocketing, and nobody in power has a coherent energy policy. Our schools are in trouble. Our borders are like sieves. The middle class is being squeezed every which way. These are times that cry out for leadership.

"But when you look around, you've got to ask: 'Where have all the
leaders gone?' Where are the curious, creative communicators? Where are the people of character, courage, conviction, omnipotence, and common sense? I may be a sucker for alliteration, but I think you get the point.

"Name me a leader who has a better idea for homeland security than making us take off our shoes in airports and throw away our shampoo? We've spent billions of dollars building a huge new bureaucracy, and all we know how to do is react to things that have already happened.

"Name me one leader who emerged from the crisis of Hurricane Katrina. Congress has yet to spend a single day evaluating the response to the hurricane, or demanding accountability for the decisions that were made in the crucial hours after the storm.

"Everyone's hunkering down, fingers crossed, hoping it doesn't happen again. Now, that's just crazy. Storms happen. Deal with it. Make a plan . Figure out what you're going to do the next time.

"Name me an industry leader who is thinking creatively about how we can restore our competitive edge in manufacturing. Who would have believed that there could ever be a time when 'The Big Three' referred to Japanese car companies? How did this happen, and more important, what are we going to do about it?

"Name me a government leader who can articulate a plan for paying down the debit, or solving the energy crisis, or managing the health care problem.The silence is deafening. But these are the crisis that are eating away at our country
and milking the middle class dry.

"I have news for the gang in Congress. We didn't elect you to sit on your asses and do nothing and remain silent while our democracy is being hijacked and our greatness is being replaced with mediocrity. What is everybody so afraid of? That some bonehead on Fox News will call them a name? Give me a break. Why don't you guys show some spine for a change?

"Had Enough?

"Hey, I'm not trying to be the voice of gloom and doom here. I' m trying to light a fire. I'm speaking out because I have hope I believe in America . In my lifetime I've had the privilege of living through some of America's greatest moments. I've also experienced some of our worst crises: the 'Great Depression', 'World War II', the 'Korean War', the 'Kennedy Assassination', the 'Vietnam War', the 1970's oil crisis, and the struggles of recent years culminating with 9/11.

"If I've learned one thing, it's this: 'You don't get anywhere by standing on the sidelines waiting for somebody else to take action. Whether it's building a better car or building a better future for our children, we all have a role to play. That's the challenge I'm raising in this book. It's a call to 'Action' for people who, like me, believe in America . It's not too late, but it's getting pretty close. So let's shake off the crap and go to work. Let's tell 'em all we've had enough.'

"Make your own contribution by sending this to everyone you know and care about. It's our country, folks; and it's our future. Our future is at stake!

Sounds familiar ring to UK ears?

Tony

It's the whole damn "free" world and something must be done, now!

Tony, I bought my dog (black alsatian) from a breeder in High Wycombe when we lived in London and sold my 1970 Mustang convertible to a guy who lived there. I guess I couldn't stay away!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The federal government today announced that it is changing the coat of arms to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed!

Damn, it just doesn't get more accurate than that.

The federal government today announced that it is changing the coat of arms to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed!

Damn, it just doesn't get more accurate than that.

Hear hear! Seems to be universally applicable!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It's the whole damn "free" world and something must be done, now!

AGREED!!!!!

I would like nothing more than for the USA to close her boarders to all Non-Western civilization countries - PERIOD!

It might take a little bit of short term pain while adjustments are being made but I believe that the United States of America can be fully self-sufficient.

I like Iacocca,,,he should run for president!!!

As of 2006

US population

37.1 Million Black
13.1 Million Asian
44.3 Million Hispanic
21.9 Million White Hispanic (White people that strayed away from "goodness")
19 Million "others" (Probably muslims and "mongrols, I belong to this group)

I am afraid it is TOOOOO Late to close the borders:):) Soon your grand daughters and their sons will look like Iron Sheik, you will stop drinking bland foods and drink BUTTWIDER. And worst of all the "Hill Billy" music will be replaced wirh RAP&roll.

MY GOD WHAT HAPPEND TO THIS COUNTRY

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm

Supporter
Not sure if this is totally relevant but reading the above reminded me of this peice a friend sent me recently......

Bill Gates.

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you agree, pass it on.
If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

Its funny how a lot of people 20-30 years ago said how outsourcing everything to the east, having open boarders and having 50% of our university students here from foreign countries was eventually going to come back and kill us. Now that its happening no one does anything about it. All our politicians skirt around the real issues and dont give a rats ass about whats really happening. We just keep going farther into the hole since an increasing amount of the population have been brainwashed into believing that this is the right, 'politically correct' thing to do. These people believe that saving a few caribou in ANWAR is more important than staying a world power and healthy as a country.

All the environmentalists are so against drilling; heres a funny thing. Recently i heard word of Cuba drilling off the Florida coast just barely in international waters. They are basically tapping into our oil supply, they even think they may be slant drilling. Anyway, its expected that other countries and oil companies will begin setting up platforms and doing the same thing as Cuba. Heres the kicker: if they do drill, they will probably sell our own oil back to us! and we dont get any of the profits!

I honestly believe that our government does not care about this country what so ever. As long as they can maintain their lifestyle, nothing will change.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I honestly believe that our government does not care about this country what so ever. As long as they can maintain their lifestyle, nothing will change.

No truer words spoken. Here's the thing... We bitch & gripe about it on here, but honestly, what can we do? I mean I have tried to talk to people in the know and what is there to do? Writing a congressman doesn't work, he's tied up in the game. Writing the president doesn't work, he can't read. What do we do?

Give me some ideas and I'll act on them. I'm completely outraged at the way this country is going and certainly do not want to see the final outcome if it continues. I'm a young guy (29) and I am pretty sure I'll live a long time, I don't want to be a part this crap anymore. I don't think I should have to move away from my country. I believe my fellow countrymen should come up with a plan to take our country back. But again, what can we do? I'm at a complete loss.

Help me understand it guys, what can we do to change what's going on so we don't have to go through with the ultimate demise of our country and economy as a whole. I mean most people I know who are invested monetarily have abandoned the US dollar. They're all in Asian markets and funds.

What do we do?

I sent this in an email to several members here. I think it fits right in with the subject. Some of you know who Nancy Pelosi is. Speaker of the House and third in line for the presidency. This is what is passing for leadership. She was swept in with the Democratic party majority in the mid term elections. It was about this time that the economy started heading south(not all their fault, but they have their share. The congressional approval rating is now lower than the Bush ratings. Somewhere in teens I seem to think. No inspired legislation has yet to pass. They do have ideas though. Here is her latest:

Windfall Tax on Retirement Income espoused by Pelosi ...

WHO OPENED THE CAGE AND LET HER OUT ???

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below...............

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement. You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds!

This woman is frightening! She quotes... "We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest." ( I am not rich, are you?)

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied: "We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as Americans."

( Read that quote again and again and let it sink in. Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it.

This lady is out of her mind.

This idiot is third in line to be Commander-in-Chief!

Now the Republicans aren't much better. They got run over cause they couldn't stop spending. The latest Appropriations bill has more "Pork" in it than the last one.
Until the American public takes a stand and votes these crazy people out of office, it will be the same old game, just different faces. Trouble is, most people don't even know who their representatives are, and think their "pork Projects" are great.

Bill

This is what sucks about the internet... Bill (and many others) pass on an email that who-knows-who wrote (obviously a republican), and people get worked up potentially for nothing. I haven't read completely into this case, but look at some of the information regarding this:

pelosi tax retirement - Google Search

People, please do some research first. It may be that the email Bill sent is right in this case, but it may also not be. Either way, it brings up an important point. I bet every one of you here would do your research before buying a real GT40 (assuming you could buy it - I can't). Why not do the same before passing on information like this? It doesn't help the situation. This is like women in a salon with their heads in the driers reading Cosmopolitan chit-chatting back and forth about what Betty did to Sue and blah-blah-blah; meanwhile Betty did nothing wrong.

"This idiot is third in line to be Commander-in-Chief!"

I'm sorry, but ANY idiot is better than what we have now.

:veryangry:

Brian - There IS something that we can do.Start by researching the politicians you could/may vote for - not by what they say but by what they do - their voting and attendance records. Then VOTE.Hold their feet to the fire - letter writing campaigns and mass phone calls DO get attention. Apathy is the enemy of democracy,and I haven't missed a vote since one of those idiots sent me to Vietnam(I still set off metal detectors).Sure ,sometimes the choices aren't the best but they aren't in there forever - only till the next term. Chris - you're absolutely correct -try to find the truth before you make your choice.Always a good plan. And we don't have to close our borders,just find somebody with enough b***s to enforce the laws we already have.Our young people need to know the meaning of a challenge and how to respond.Now I'll give the soapbox to someone else. A.J.

Last edited:
Chris P. you make the mistaken assumption that we believe everything we read on the Internet (the Internet includes this site). Your response seems to indicate you think we are a bunch of sheep that blindly believe everything we read. Perhaps Bill believes it, but that is his choice and not necessarily the same choice the rest of us may make. You are correct in that is not what Pelosi said or a postion she has sponsored, but that doesn't change my personal choice of opinion that she is an idiot. I have heard her speak in person several times, including once at my company's annual senior management meeting (small group of 80 people) a couple of years ago. I had an opportunity to speak to her for a few minutes over drinks before dinner. All I can say is that I am amazed at the idealistic crap she spewed about how this country should be run. Unfortunately, while I can vote (which I do at every opportunity) and write my congressman (which I have and have gotten responses), I can not do much about the fools that other states vote into office.

Please open your mind to the fact that just like researching before purchasing our cars, we don't believe everything we read, dont blindly follow what others say, and are very capable of forming our own opinions. If not, we all would have bought the exact same car because someone told us it was the best. Actually, I've found this crew to be a great bunch of intelligent people with a wicked sense of humor.

A.J., glad you're still hanging around here, man.

Mark, Remember the old saying that if you plan to run for office in Waterbury,you have to have a prior criminal background? Almost every one of the past mayors is/was in the slammer for a felony conviction.I met John Rowland many years ago at one of those little 'get to know the candidate gatherings'.I talked to him for less than a minute and had to turn away;it was the same thing as you just mentioned.I remember saying to someone:"God help us if this guy ever gets into office".Guess the public never learns. Now,let me see - who was it that told me to get this car? Regards,A.J.

When President Truman retired from office in 1952, his income was substantially a U.S. Army pension reported to have been $13,507.72 a year. Congress, noting that he was paying for his stamps and personally licking them, granted him an "allowance" and, later, a retroactive pension of $25,000 per year.

When offered corporate positions at large salaries, he declined, stating, "You don't want me. You want the office of the president, and that doesn't belong to me. It belongs to the American people and it's not for sale."

Even later, on May 6, 1971, when Congress was preparing to award him the Medal of Honor on his 87th birthday, he refused to accept it, writing "I don't consider that I have done anything which should be the reason for any award, Congressional or otherwise."

Today, many in Congress have found a way to become quite wealthy while enjoying the fruits of their offices. Political offices are now for sale.

Good old Harry may have been correct when he observed, "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano player job to be much more honorable than current politicians.

Just goes to show, all the real politicans are just about gone!!

Another interesting story:

A chemistry professor in a large college had some exchange students in the class. One day while the class was in the lab the Professor noticed one young man (exchange student) who
kept rubbing his back, and stretching as if his back hurt.

The professor asked the young man what was the matter. The
student told him he had a bullet lodged in his back. He had been
shot while fighting communists in his native country who were
trying to overthrow his country's government and install a new
communist government.

In the midst of his story he looked at the professor and asked a strange question. He asked, 'Do you know how to catch wild pigs?'

The professor thought it was a joke and asked for the punch line.
The young man said this was no joke.

'You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground. The pigs find it and begin to come everyday to eat the free corn. When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side of the place where they are used to coming.

When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and you put up another side of the fence.
They get used to that and start to eat again.
You continue until you have all four sides of the fence up
with a gate in the last side.

The pigs, who are used to the free corn,
start to come through the gate to eat,
you slam the gate on them and catch the whole herd.

Suddenly the wild pigs have lost their freedom.
They run around and around inside the fence,
but they are caught. Soon they go back to eating the free corn.
They are so used to it that they have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves, so they accept their captivity.'

The young man then told the professor that is exactly what he sees happening to America .
The government keeps pushing us toward socialism and keeps spreading the free corn out in the form of programs such as supplemental income, tax credit for unearned income,
tobacco subsidies, dairy subsidies, payments not to plant crops (CRP), welfare, medicine, drugs, etc
While we continually lose our freedoms -- just a little at a time.

One should always remember:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH!
Also, a politician will never provide a service for you
cheaper than you can do it yourself.

If you see that all of this wonderful government 'help'
is a problem confronting the future of democracy in America,
you might want to send this on to your friends.
If you think the free ride is essential to your way of life
then you will probably delete this email,
but God help you when the gate slams shut!

In this 'very important' election year,
listen closely to what the candidates are promising you !!

Just maybe you will be able to tell who is about to slam the gate on America .

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.' -
Thomas Jefferson

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Just to answer an above post...
I do vote, every election. I am probably one of the only people my age I know who does. Anyway, I also research the candidates and I gotta tell ya... I don't like any of them. Honestly Ron Paul was the only person I wanted in office. He seemed to be a visionary and had some great things planned. Unfortunately it looks as though he was blacklisted from public debates and other nationwide events in which his policies would have been heard. All the media wanted was the black man and the woman going at it. That's seriously what's being thrown in our faces.
"Look at the minority and the weaker sex going at it to see who's going to run our country!! Isn't it exciting?"
No, it's not exciting. It's scary. I don't like either of these candidates, and honestly it's really down to one thing that really makes me dislike them (well many things, but this one is worth mentioning). Their stance on gun control. Even McCain has a nice gun control policy he wants to enforce. Now, rather than get off on that tangent again, we'll let it lie.
I have written congressmen & women about issues concerning Texas, all I get is an automated letter signed by some office worker. I also did email, same thing. I have called them, answering service. I can honestly say, I have never spoken to an elected official after they took office. But before they take office, OH MY GOD, they're your BEST buddy!

Interesting story...
I have a friend named John, he is a very innocent pure christian guy. I worked with him off & on at a few automotive shops, he's a fellow car nut. Never cussed, quiet, very polite. Just a great guy. Well his life's ambition was to be a politician and help save the country. He went to college and got a masters in Political Science with a minor in Public Speaking & Debate. He decided he was going to go to Washington and make a difference.
After all "I am uncorruptable!" he says. He wasn't there a year.
He called me and said, "Brian, I can't believe what's going on up here. I work for a Congressman and it's absolutely the most corrupt thing I have ever seen in my life. It's not so much about money, although a ton of it is being thrown around, it's about power. These guys will do anything and everything to retain their position of power! They say certain things, vote certain ways, propose certain things, all so they can retain their power. These guys don't care about the country, they care about themselves. They care about lining their pockets and building their ego. That's it! Nothing else. I'm coming back to Texas, I'll find another sales job. I'm pretty good at that type of work. I can't do this sh*t anymore!"
I honestly felt really bad for John. His life's dream was crushed. He saw the futility of trying to change a government who has been corrupted to it's very core. What a waste of talent and ambition and money for a major he will never use.

Now I ask again...
What can we really do to make a difference? What can we REALLY do to make a change? Honestly, I don't think we can do sh*t because this country is made up of a majority of MORONS who really don't care or who are unmotivated to do anything. They'd rather sit on their asses and watch TV and believe the garbage poured on the news on there.
If anyone can give me a real answer on what we can do to change this country, I'm all over it.

Sorry for the long winded post,

Brian

Brian my young brother,

Start with changing the Sh**ty foreign policy,, sometimes your allies are your WORST enemy and,,,your “enemy”, the most useful ally you could ever dream to have!!

For domestic policy,,,,try this;

Well run, profitable businesses in US, layoff workers on a regular basis. Seniority does not mean crap ,,you don’t perform (or your salary gets to large, or you get TOO comfortable), you are LAYED-OFF. Sad, but that is how capitalism works.

Now look at Morons like Jesse Helms, Strom Termond, Robert Bird and Nancy “Poop”oci. Two of them are finally dead, and the other two are brain dead. All these guys and gals need NOT to be allowed to run for more than couple of terms.

Simple question,,, why does the president of USA only runs couple of time?? You think the present Moron (Boy George) and the previous pedophile (Billy Boy) would not have tried to stay for 100 years, if they could?!

We as citizens can do something as well,,,we don’t have to have 5 cars in our garages. Public transportation works,,use it (it is not just for the Mexicans!). Travel to places where people don’t look like you (what a novel concept!!), or speak your language (I am not talking about Australia, England and Switzerland) you just might learn that a cup of tea/coffee does not need to be 12oz, and you can be satisfied with 6oz of meat. Get healthy, so you don’t look like the SHEIK (he used to be fit and trim when he was back in IRAN, look at my avatar now).

Now, keep in mind the solutions above are from a GT40 owner. I,, like a lot of GT40 owners are morons ourselves (but we think we are not!). Any human being that spends majority of his/her time talking/leaving/breathing cars (of any kind) is an excellent candidate to run for high office in this country.

Back