America - Or Is It UK?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Oh believe me I know all about the domestic policy, remember I used to live in Austin, home of Dell Computers. Every few years Dell would spread rumors of layoffs, you could HEAR wallets & checkbooks slamming shut. Economy died locally, then they would cut THOUSANDS of jobs. Give it about a year and everything's OK again. Then here come the rumors...
Dell actually closed one of the local manufacturing plants. They did the same in Tennessee and Missouri if I remember correctly. The one in the town in Missouri was the only thing keeping the small town alive. Did the huge computer company give 2 sh*ts about the people they hired and the lives they led? HELL NO! Off with their heads! Let's kill another small town in the name of big business.
I have friends who work at Dell, hell if you live in Austin you WILL know someone who works at Dell, but they're not happy. Dell pays well, but you have to constantly watch your ass to be sure someone's not kicking it out the door! If you work in sales, you will work yourself out of a job. They keep raising the quota for you to meet untill it is unattainable. They figure if you did 200% of your quota last year, they should raise it 200% this year and expect you to do the same figures! Not gonna happen.
Oh man, looks like we should all chip in and buy an island. A nice tropical island on the pacific coast so we don't have to worry about hurricaines. Then we need to make sure it's large enough for a huge race track. All will be well then.

Whatcha think?

Brian - Good to see that the younger generation (you) is willing to take the time to make this work.I wish I could find a way to get a few million others off their asses to do the same.Also, I know about the corporate mentality too,having been laid off,with many others,from a 20+yr career with 18 days to go before retirement eligibilty.The government had given the company the ability to use(read:steal) the money from the pension fund above a certain funding level for corporate use.And that bit with the form letter response irritates the hell out of me.As for the dream island,it's a Catch 22.If I hadn't purchased the car I could kick in ,but then,why would I need an island with a race track with no GT40. Ritz-Carleton appetite,Mc Donalds budget.Got one left to get through college and things will hopefully improve. Stay motivated Brian,and don't quit. A.J.

Brian Hamilton

We could buy an island, build a track, and run circuit races there(Indy, CART, NASCAR, MotoGP, LeMans, Daytona Prototypes, Vintage, etc.). Therein would be the economy for the island. We grow sugar cane in which we produce rum & ethanol for fuel (actually an idea a few friends and I have and are working on). Market the rum internationally and use the fuel ourselves. Small population = small fuel cost & need. Also, on a pacific island, one would figure there's a nice bit of wind & sun at all times. If all the homes as well as the track facilities ran on solar & wind power, we'd eliminate the need for foreign power. Plus no fossil fuels are used other than to fuel our mighty vehicles with. In addition to the race track, small repair shops specializing in different areas of assembly & maintenence of vehicles would be scattered about the island along with the usual bars, clubs, & hotels, this would provide a decent income for the island inhabitants. As far as police and military, that I'mma need some help with...

There, I have successfully implimented a country which is self sufficient within 5 minutes of thinking.

Why the hell is it so hard for OUR countries to do this? I mean I don't even have a college education!!

Brian, we could put all the shopping a man would need in the pits! Beer, fast food, and a tee shirt store, well maybe a Hooters if we wanted to go really upscale. That way the only driving would be on the track. Gives a whole new meaning to street racing!

Brian Hamilton

Brian, we could put all the shopping a man would need in the pits! Beer, fast food, and a tee shirt store, well maybe a Hooters if we wanted to go really upscale. That way the only driving would be on the track. Gives a whole new meaning to street racing!

I see our future City Planner right here!!!

Daily drivers would be the Electolite Roadster from RCR. Have electrical outlets popping up from the street next to parking meters. Get out, pay for your time and all you're really doing is paying for a charge.

It's a tropical island, you're not really going to get bad weather...

Now look at Morons like Jesse Helms, Strom Termond, Robert Bird and Nancy “Poop”oci. Two of them are finally dead, and the other two are brain dead. All these guys and gals need NOT to be allowed to run for more than couple of terms.

Simple question,,, why does the president of USA only runs couple of time?? You think the present Moron (Boy George) and the previous pedophile (Billy Boy) would not have tried to stay for 100 years, if they could?!
Ding, Ding, Ding! Sheik wins. Term limits are the answer. Unfortunately, the people who could vote for them are the very same people who don't want them. Hmmmm, what to do?

Brian Hamilton

NO,NO,NO Brian....... other way around - Market the FUEL and keep the RUM for ourselves! A.J.

Hahaha!
Offer it exclusively at our bars. Then make the rest of the world pay a premium to export it. Damn, there we go being capitolists again...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
There you guys go again...

Talkin' about HQQters and Alcoholic beverages and capitalism....

Now all the Muslim Nut-Cases will want to blow up our island because we're freakin' infidels!!!!

Nah,they won't get the chance because the U.S. Govt will annex it first,for 'security reasons' and then tax us to death.But don't worry,they'll 'protect' us. A.J.

Brian Hamilton

Ya know therein lies an idea...

We could be just another commonwealth of the US, like Puerto Rico. We would get all the protection and all the good stuff, but not have to pay all the taxes and basically run our own government...

Last edited:
Better yet,we could retain our sovereignty - remember the book "The Mouse That Roared"? Might even get our race track built for free if the main straight could be used for a B-52 runway! A.J.

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.' -
Thomas Jefferson

Actually Gerald Ford, but really really close!

How about voting out the incumbents? In other words, regardless of voting record or reputation, always vote for the non-incumbent. That would have the politicians crapping in their pants

Brian Hamilton

How about voting out the incumbents? In other words, regardless of voting record or reputation, always vote for the non-incumbent. That would have the politicians crapping in their pants

Yeah, well we can try to do that, but there's still the majority of the population in this country who are oblivious sheep. Oh and let's not forget about the Electorial College who has final say on the election process and is supposed ot go by what the "people" want. Unfortunately the public is no longer the "people" in which the decision is based. I'm going to stick with the Race Car Island idea...

When do we start?

I read something the other day. There is a move afoot to circumvent the electoral process. Don't remember the particulars, but it had something to do with several states banding together in some kind of consortium. It leaves the door open that they can "go back through" if they decide to, all with out altering the process. The goal is to go to the popular vote requiring the electoral process to go along with it. Takes the power away from the "swing" states.

Bill

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm all for the abolishment of the Electoral College... It was fine for our country back in the Pony Express days, but with the communication technology we've had for the last 75 years - it's just not needed...

Those who have power(bureaucrats and politicians) will not give it up easily. Voting out the incumbents is only part of the solution. The system is so bloated with support structure that it is almost self perpetuating. Take away the money (the life blood) and maybe we will see some changes. The increasing numbers of people having their lives "improved" by the government dole makes it more and more difficult to clean up the mess!

It occurred to me this thread was started by gentlemen from outside the U.S. but we haven't heard from them in a while.You guys are in a position to look from the outside in.How about it Brits/Aussies et al? Any input?

Back