America - Or Is It UK?

AJ, I think UK Tony just wanted us to get all "rilled up" and start fighting:):)

You know how the "ENGLISH" are. We need to invade them next, and set up "Democracy" for them. That Queen of theirs need to be kicked off and sent to exile......Come to think of it, maybe Zimbabwe would be good place to send her off to.

I think we ought to lock Bush,Brown,Putin and Mugabe in room for a week and see what happens.I was going to add a tiger but I'm against animal cruelty. A.J.

Keith

AJ, I think UK Tony just wanted us to get all "rilled up" and start fighting:):)

You know how the "ENGLISH" are. We need to invade them next, and set up "Democracy" for them. That Queen of theirs need to be kicked off and sent to exile......Come to think of it, maybe Zimbabwe would be good place to send her off to.

Not biting Faili... yet. . :uneasy:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Earlier in this thread there was talk of buying an island etc.

Perhaps we can all club together and buy Zimbabwe

In 1990 I left Zimbabwe and paid ZWD2.50 for 1GBP

Since then they have removed 3 zeros from their exchange rate

On 25/06/08 the current exchange rate was ZWD19,316,052,139.40 is GBP1

On 04/07/08 the exchange rate was 1.00 GBP = 28,408,602,447.14 ZWD

Today 1GBP = ZWD37,420,498,361.72 ZWD

At this rate of freefall I'll buy the country myself for £10 next week!

I also happen to know they checked for oil in the 1980's and found a site that would be a good dig but would probably be uneconomic back then but with Today's oil prices would probably pay. But who would invest there with Mr e-ba-guM still there?

Ian

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Earlier in this thread there was talk of buying an island etc.

Perhaps we can all club together and buy Zimbabwe

In 1990 I left Zimbabwe and paid ZWD2.50 for 1GBP

Since then they have removed 3 zeros from their exchange rate

On 25/06/08 the current exchange rate was ZWD19,316,052,139.40 is GBP1

On 04/07/08 the exchange rate was 1.00 GBP = 28,408,602,447.14 ZWD

Today 1GBP = ZWD37,420,498,361.72 ZWD

At this rate of freefall I'll buy the country myself for £10 next week!

I also happen to know they checked for oil in the 1980's and found a site that would be a good dig but would probably be uneconomic back then but with Today's oil prices would probably pay. But who would invest there with Mr e-ba-guM still there?

Ian

Sounds interesting, but in that area, you have to think of the constant conflict. Isn't that still going on? I'm not too up on African news or politics. LOL If we wanted to purchase and then remodel an entire country, we'd face constant resistance. The Island idea was to buy a DESERTED island so we don't have to deal with people. LOL But I like your thinking...
Maybe we could buy the country, dig for oil, show it's production possibilities and then sell it for a mint... Decent turn around I think.

Brian,if you're looking for a DESERTED island you may have to put spiked or studded tires on your machine.The only one I've found lately is somewhat near me; a 25 acre island on Lake Winnipesauke in N.H. with no one but the owner. However, it may not fit your needs as it is a bit small and the ice isn't gone until,sometimes,late April/early May.(You could always drive out to the island,I suppose.) Just cough up 5 mil and it's yours. A.J.

Back