24h du le Mans 2011

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone coming to Le Mans this year?
This will be my fifteenth year at La Sarthe and the 12th year working for Audi Sport Team Joest.

I'm 150km far. maybe this year (if there are no problem with my own track calendar)

local cheese ??? :thinking:

What you can find here is "Rillette du mans" with "cornichon" on good french bread.....rockonsmile

And of course, a lot of beer, especially during the race week :chug:

I'm going. Crossing on the Wednesday and coming home on the Sunday (have to be at work on the monday). Camping at blue north next to the airfield.

Do you reckon Audi can do it again this year?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's arriving Monday and departing the following Monday for me. Parking will be the first small house (bungalow) at the entrance to the airport on the right. Friday is the rest day with only a couple of meetings in the morning.
Cheese ? may be - but I think we should have another cheese run long before June.

Keith

Much more exciting than the Beaujolais (yawn) run and if I want red wine vinegar for my salad I can always get it in Waitrose.

And to think, poor Graham Hill ended his glorious life in pursuit of the undrinkable..:sad:

I will be there with Robertson Racing and the Ford GT's...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attachments

• DSCF1112 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1112 (Small).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF1114 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1114 (Small).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF1115 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1115 (Small).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 252
All this talk of cheese has forced me to yank the Stinking Bishop out.... :blank:

....and place it on some slims....:blank:

(some of you have a perverted mind)...

P.S. Gotta love english and french cheeses the best. I'm not being partisan... It's not as though we are much good at anything else these days...

I'm normally there. Started going in 1995. thing is I'll be trying to move out to Vancouver before or around then. I'm a Mazda Rotary fan, and this year is 20 years since the 787B won, so pretty gutted!

Same offer next year? :)

As I work for Jaguar I'd have to go for the XJR's of the same era as the C9! However I get giddy at the thought of the McLaren F1's, as they won conclusively at my first Le Mans visit. Since then I have a real soft spot for the Audi R8, as I've seen it dominate several races, outclassing the field with ease. Awesome machine! I'd so love to have a go in one. I'm not a fan of the new diesels at all!

If you're there, get down and support Ian Dawson (UK) and team with the (partially) factory backed Radical SR9. Awesome car running the Nissan V8. I know for a fact that the development has been significant in the off season...

Attachments

• NCCAR 3 test.jpg
    NCCAR 3 test.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 211
Back