24h du le Mans 2011

Keith

If you're there, get down and support Ian Dawson (UK) and team with the (partially) factory backed Radical SR9. Awesome car running the Nissan V8. I know for a fact that the development has been significant in the off season...

Now if only they got Infiniti branding! :laugh:

I know the team for one, would prefer Infiniti running costs. At GBP35,000 per 30hrs running time on the engine, it makes for a reasonable contact sum at the end of the season.

Look for the Ginetta branding on the car too, as they are assisting with the development of that new chassis...

Yes, I realize I am in the wrong country to be connected with LM teams, but hopfully if all goes to plan, I'll be basking in the delightful UK sunshine sometime soon, GT40 in tow :)

Attachments

• 10_Snetterton_NissanIES.jpg
    10_Snetterton_NissanIES.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 267

Keith

Whoa dudes!

Aston-Martin-AMR-One_2.jpg

Aston-Martin-AMR-One_3.jpg

Turbocharged 2 litre V6.... 550hp.... transverse XTRac gearbox.

Should be interesting!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, we are into the dinner break after the first practice and next is the first night Q session from 10pm until midnight. Fran, I'm sorry you didn't make it over - maybe next year. My next door neighbours here bought 1.5 kilos of superb Crevettes and Langoustines and they are barbequeing right now so I have to get back to business.
Life is hell really. Don't ask me how the cars are doing - I'm just here for the champagne.....

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
David,

You lucky devil...............................ENJOY!

I'll be watching, they are going to show most of the 24 houres here in the US on Speed tv.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's a job.....of sorts. Somebody has to do it so it might as well be me.
With one hour to go tonight we (Audi) have P1, P2, and P3. with the first of the pugs half a second away from P1.

Peugeot #8 P1 one second faster....

any news about the Audi #1, I know that Romain Dumas is going well, what about the car ? is the monocoque still ok ?

Dave,
we had our own testing for the SLC to do this week and we are racing next week,so time was too tight to fit it all in...gotta take care of my own stuff first...to say I was bummed does not describe it...

does anybody have the link for a stream view of the race (at least the visible hours)? Eurosport maybe?

I don't know if it's available in italy, but there is eurosport player in france with full Le Mans coverage.

- wednesday practice / qualif night
- thrusday both qualif

full race from saturday to sunday..

+ more others races...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, Tonight is everything to play for in the scramble for P1, but - NO - WRITE IT LARGE - IT'S A 24 HOUR ENDURANCE RACE and though Alan McNish always loves to be P1 it doesn't make a lot of difference being P1 or P10. It;s a fun scramble though.
Lunch today is just amazing but I sense everyone is just on theaqua ahead of tonights session. The Pugs are so impressive though so it should be a lot of fun.

And dont worry Fran, when you run at Le Mans in your own right I want to be there in the team.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The next two hours are going to be a lot of fun. Its fifteen minutes to the green and everyone is expecting fireworks between Audi and the Pugs.

Keith

Loads of it here. Had some with every meal. Surely it's not your sort though.

What? They don't do Wookey Hole in France? :stunned:

PS Quallie 2 Audi P1 & P2 not bad eh Dave? :thumbsup:

BTW

What's this I hear about you being in bed with Stella in the radar van? :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Attachments

• Cheese.jpg
    Cheese.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
LOST IN TRANSLATION...........

Absolutely - no Wookie but this morning I went to the Pharmacie to get some pain killers. In my best french I asked for 'maxi strength ibu' (I'd heard the airport manager refer to ibuprofen as 'Ibu' earlier in the week) and the girl in the shop brought out industrial strength durex and proceeded to go crimson in the face. I thought she was making a mistake when she bypassed the Nurofen shelf. Is 'ibu' or 'ibo' or 'hippo' local slang for durex? I bought some throat pastilles and walked out.

LOST IN TRANSLATION...........

Absolutely - no Wookie but this morning I went to the Pharmacie to get some pain killers. In my best french I asked for 'maxi strength ibu' (I'd heard the airport manager refer to ibuprofen as 'Ibu' earlier in the week) and the girl in the shop brought out industrial strength durex and proceeded to go crimson in the face. I thought she was making a mistake when she bypassed the Nurofen shelf. Is 'ibu' or 'ibo' or 'hippo' local slang for durex? I bought some throat pastilles and walked out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back