Political correctness.

We in the world, and especially those of us from the USA were at one time not long ago able to laugh at ourselves. We could joke about Swedes, Polish, Italian, Jewish, English, Germans, all peoples of the world, and laugh at ourselves. We've recently gotten our shorts in a knot by part of our society that says it's "politically incorrect" to have fun with one another. Threads like Satirical Parody, people are afraid to comment one way or the other for fear of hurting the thin skin of someone. Political correctness is bullshit, it was fun to laugh.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

This is one of those grey areas, I could argue both sides of this debate.

Done well, this type of humor can be great, a little self deprication goes a long way!

Done poorly it can be awful..............cruel and divisive.

Last edited:
Hey I'm Jewish by religion, Puerto Rican / Sicilian by nationality so in the spirit of this thread I am a Cheap, Lazy Gangster that likes love as much as I love to fight. Heck I love a good spic, bent nose, sheeny joke. Just don't talk about my dog because then we will be fighting :thumbsup: .

Holy shit! I'm agreeing with people I don't normally agree with! Maybe the religious crazies are right about the end of the world!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Yes, The Onion.....publisher of the headline: "Lewinsky Subpoenaed To Re-Blow Clinton On Senate Floor"...I wouldn't take anything they write too seriously.....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
We in the world, and especially those of us from the USA were at one time not long ago able to laugh at ourselves. We could joke about Swedes, Polish, Italian, Jewish, English, Germans, all peoples of the world, and laugh at ourselves. We've recently gotten our shorts in a knot by part of our society that says it's "politically incorrect" to have fun with one another. Threads like Satirical Parody, people are afraid to comment one way or the other for fear of hurting the thin skin of someone. Political correctness is bullshit, it was fun to laugh.

You're Back. Welcome, I for one have missed you. Although I know you have not been far away.:evil:
IMHO (just putting that in my post is PC so please dis-regard)
All Political correctness is total bullshit! Do not confuse it with politeness or sensitivity to other cultures or races. Polite is terrific. PC is an attempted manipulation of the majority by the minority and they are succeeding don't let them.
Shit, in my country some places are banning Christmas the celebration of Christ's birthday because it might offend the odd Muslim. Piss-off I'm an atheist and banning Christmas offends me!
Banning Enid Blyton books because Noddy and Big Ears might be doing inappropriate things to each other offends me. And I'm not Gay.
Anyway how else would he have got big ears?
I am of Irish and Spanish descent and was born in Australia. I guess that makes me a stupid drunken Spic who likes Vegemite? Not too far from the truth.
LET us post all PC bullshit here and expose it for what it is.
P.S. I like guns too.

Happy Pesach to all my BIG NOSE, CHEAP A$$, CURLY CUE WEARING, SMELLY, sheeny peeps on here!!!

Translation: Happy passover to all of my Jewish brethren on here!

Damian,

The grey area though is if I were to say that to you, being a non-jew so to speak....

I imagine it wouldn't go down too well...

Therein lies the rub - how far can you go, before a joke becomes an insult?

Apologies for stuffing a serious point in amongst this humerous exchange :)

I suppose it all comes down to the context in which it is said. If said with malicious intent than it is an insult. Said in ANY OTHER WAY it's a joke and should not be taken seriously. Some of the funniest jokes out there are about Jewish & Spanish people. If I can not laugh at myself then I have no right to laugh at anyone else.
On a side note someone on another forum just said that their NOSE wished me happy Pesach too. How could you not laugh at that?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I suppose it all comes down to the context in which it is said. If said with malicious intent than it is an insult.
Posted by Damian

Damian, you have said the most important part of this. The problem is that the subtle nuances required for this type of humor are.................subtle, and easely missed.

Like I said, done correctly this can be a great form of interaction, the problem is that most folks lack that bit of skill that separates humor from insult. Do not try this at home, this should be left to the experts.

So now that we are all on the same page (hell just froze over) lets hear some jokes. I'll start :
1- What's the most confusing day in a Spanish (could substitute black etc)household
1b- Fathers day :laugh:
2-<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=center><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5><TBODY><TR><TD>A building contractor wants some quotes to build 2 flats...

The Irishman builder quotes £500,000....

"How did arrive at that figure?" asked the contractor....

" £200,000 labor, and £300,000 for materials.

The Scottish builder quotes £600,000...

£300,000 labor and £300,000 for materials.

The Jewish builder quotes £1 millon....

The contractor says "how did arrive at that figure?"

"Easy" says the Jewish builder " £250,000 for you, £250,000 for me.... and we will get the Irishman to do the job

This is a perfect example of what I call a middle eastern mentality; maximum return for minimum effort LOL :laugh: :thumbsup:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><FORM method=post action=joke.php><INPUT name=jokeid value=1107 type=hidden> <TR><TD colSpan=2 align=center></FORM><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=center>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Column 4 - space -->

Back