I suppose someone will argue Black is White.......

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
A new survey shows European cities dominate when it comes to quality of life. Mercer just released its 2012 Quality of Living Survey, and fifteen of the top 25 cities on list are in Europe.
1) Vienna, Austria
2) Zurich, Switzerland
3) Auckland, New Zealand
4) Munich, Germany
5) Vancouver, Canada
6) Dusseldorf, Germany
7) Frankfurt, Germany
8) Geneva, Switzerland
9) Copenhagen, Denmark
10) Bern, Switzerland & Sydney, Australia (tied)
Honolulu is the first U.S. city to crack the list at 28, quickly followed by San Francisco at 29.
The survey is based on a combination of more than three dozen factors, including increasing stability, improved living standards and advanced city infrastructure.

Keith

Black being white is a very grey area David..

I am quite bemused by the fact that Scunthorpe never made the list :sad:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone else wonder why Mr Morton seems so concerened about US ranking and US cities, yet he fails to mention the lack of UK cities.

Why do you suppose that is?

Could it be an inferioity complex at work here?

The sun never sets on the petty and insecure................

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Am I the only American who has had it with the constant put down of our Country?

Do these angry, jealous, little people have nothing better to do?

We have taken shot after shot from these petty losers! We have had Brits call the USA the most racist Counry in the world (even with a Black President). Yet these same Brits line up in the thousands to try and emigrate here. WTF?

By the way Mr Morton, it was a beautiful sunny day in The Silicon Valley today, temp in the high 60s, (19 C for you in the "OLD" world) I took the 40 out for a drive, hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

I have no idea if this is true, but if it is, why the F**k don't you worry about your own country!

48% of Brits want to get out of the UK

Shock Sun survey shows almost half are ready to emigrate overseas

Last edited:
I am surprised Mackinac Island Michigan did not make the list. No cars, no traffic jams you just have to dodge the horse apples.

Little bit of sadness to balance the joy and frivolity, gents;

Alex Moulton - Telegraph

Am I the only American who has had it with the constant put down of our Country?

Do these angry, jealous, little people have nothing better to do?

We have taken shot after shot from these petty losers! We have had Brits call the USA the most racist Counry in the world (even with a Black President). Yet these same Brits line up in the thousands to try and emigrate here. WTF?

By the way Mr Morton, it was a beautiful sunny day in The Silicon Valley today, temp in the high 60s, (19 C for you in the "OLD" world) I took the 40 out for a drive, hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

I have no idea if this is true, but if it is, why the F**k don't you worry about your own country!

48% of Brits want to get out of the UK

Shock Sun survey shows almost half are ready to emigrate overseas

Keith

He's here......... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjRZ_PqBSw"]The Beatles - I Am The Walrus (HD Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

walrus 2.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The mail I started on this thread was from the news section of AMERICA on Line.
I don't give a fuck about anybody living anywhere near, especially people like craik, and I have no axe to grind about any other country. I quite like the cold weather in the winter - it gets rid of a lot of the pests such as slugs and other slimy things.
Gents, please don't quote other people's posts in your posts , especially people on my ignore list. People I would not piss on if they were on fire.
crack-why don't you just fuck off and give people a break from your stupidity.

Keith

Clearly, the cold weather does not get rid of ALL pests...

The quote thing is a nuisance and a loophole - agreed.

Keith

I've read through your post a couple of time David and I cannot for the life of me see what triggered off that level of reaction..

Extraordinary!

I think he should apologise immediately. :veryangry:

Waiting..........

Waiting........

OK, so it looks like it ain't going to happen. To straighten things out a little, I'll try and do it for him..

Here goes:

Craik-1.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

Well, I get quite a few pm's and emails from Americans on this website who tell me he is as stupid as it gets?
As far as I am concerned he's a five star idiot and not worthy of any further comment.

Dave M

Well I like living where I do. The other cities listed are nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live in one. David I think you live in a small town. Some like the large city life and others, like myself, prefer the forest and small towns (mine is 72,000). Oh, we get to use the water first before it is passed on. California is foreign to me and very unlike where I live. I just wish so many from the outside would stop moving here! They have some annoying habits. Others brew a good beer. Beer City USA.

does anyone else wonder why mr morton seems so concerened about us ranking and us cities, yet he fails to mention the lack of uk cities.

Why do you suppose that is?

Could it be an inferioity complex at work here?

The sun never sets on the petty and insecure................

oh dear lord!

Sorry for quoting he who must be ignored! My apologies to one and all. I shall try hard to refrain in future. I may even go so far as to break one of my own rules and succumb to the urge to place the silly man on ignore afterall.

This last sentence is simply placed here to type over the insult that resided on this line before. If he listens very hard, maybe he can hear my expletives from 6,000 miles away!

Back