I suppose someone will argue Black is White.......

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So Mr Morton starts this thread, with the title:

I suppose someone will argue Black is White.......

Thats an odd title for an innocent thread about cities, but as we know, this is not really innocent or about cities, is it?

He is hopeing by making this post it will cause a reaction, so he posts this little article, about cities.

But then he is afraid we won't undertand what he is trying to do, you know, his usual anti American crap, so he adds the part about US cities. That will make it clear, that will draw the reaction he wants.

Just as he knew it would, someone did try and turn "black" into "white". So far his plan has worked just as he hoped.

Once he gets the hoped for reaction, the jealous, insecure, little man gets angry, what a supprise!

Now his plan comes to fruition, he gets to do what he wanted all along, make another vicious attack, plus he knows the rest of the jealous little Brits will join in, right?

So tell us jealous, little, man, does this make you happy?

I'm guessing this does not make him happy, I'm guessing that we can look forward to more ****turning white into black****

Of course Mr Morton has me blocked, he wants to be able to do his little hit peices, stir up shit, beg for responses, but he is afraid to hear what I have to say.

He is brave enough to elisit a responce buy not man enough to hear it.

No wonder the Empire is gone, get over it!

So very sad.

Last edited:

Keith

Destin used to be my favourite hang out when I lived in AL, sometime between Snowbirds and Spring Break.

Just sitting there at an oyster shack by the Sugar Sands watching the Marlin boats come and go - what's not to like? Keep your cities.... :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Grady and Mark,
This was a news item from AOL - America on Line - and nothing was added or taken away from this news story. I love some of the places mentioned and I love a lot of places that weren't mentioned.
Unlike some , I've been told, I don't think it's a pissing contest -and simply put I didn't write this news report.

Keith

I suspect you are a Northerner David although you do speak posh don't ya.

I never liked anywhere up there on the East Coast (Boston, Grimbsy, 'Ooll etc etc). When l were just a nipper all they used to do was Fish Fuck & Fight.

Now they just Fuck & Fight...

Anyone there visiting from God's Country AKA California, would die of fright :laugh:

Now, further north, Arbroath....

Could do with a Smokie right now.

My partner Jane and I have many friends across America, from many and very varied 'walks of life'. A great Country indeed. However, it is an enigma. I think it is easy to confuse America as being one place. It most definately is not!

Keith

So what exactly are you trying to say Mark? America is not one place? Are you trying to cause trouble by saying it's another place? Which other place is it?

I can see your game matey you're just like Morton - trying to stir up shit to get a reaction because you're a sad lonely man.

I suppose Jane is your imaginary girlfriend too, and what do you mean by walks of life? No-one walks in America so I do not believe you've even been there.

What do you mean by Great Country? Are you being sarcastic? Was that a deliberate misspelling like 'Grate'?

Oh, I see your little game - and I thought you were one of the good guys.

Stop it. Stop it at once I say.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I am about to order some of Stornoways very best from Macleods along with some smoked haddock (for kedgeree at breakfast on the 25th ) so I'll ask Charlie if he can get some smokies. They might not be faer Arbroath but when he has them, they are from Auchmithie and I think they are just that bit special. I'll get on the dog and bone tomorrow.
How many do you need?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Mr Fechter,

You too can see that this is not about cities. Its a put down of your Country.

I was fairly confident that you would not stand with Washinton and Jefferson. In typical fassion you do not defent America, you join those from outside, belittling your Country.

I'm sure your family is very proud!

Washington, Jefferson? They're old white slave owners, crak, are you some kind of revisionist historian?

America's enemies come from within, chump.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
America's enemies come from within, chump.

Enemies we have fought:

From outside:

England
Spain
Mexico
Germany
Japan
N Korea
China
USSR
N Viet Nam
Iraq
Iran
Taliban
Al Qaeda
Afganistan

From within:

Indians
Confederacy
Mr Fechter.............................Ignorance is no excuse!

Last edited:

Keith

Well, I am about to order some of Stornoways very best from Macleods along with some smoked haddock (for kedgeree at breakfast on the 25th ) so I'll ask Charlie if he can get some smokies. They might not be faer Arbroath but when he has them, they are from Auchmithie and I think they are just that bit special. I'll get on the dog and bone tomorrow.
How many do you need?

For Boxing day, enough for me my daughter and son-in-law. Say 5 tons?

Only kidding, if they come by the box whatever...

Oh yum yum....

Keith

Crikey! This is serious. The USA fought Russia and China in a war?

Did I miss that?

What time did that happen?

Who won?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Keith, you did miss that! There are lots of things you do not know, but that has never stopped you from posting.

Ignorance is your excuse?

The Chinese Intervention
3 November 1950-24 January 1951​
They came out of the hills near Unsan, North Korea, blowing bugles in the dying light of day on 1 November 1950, throwing grenades and firing their "burp" guns at the surprised American soldiers of the 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. Those who survived the initial assaults reported how shaken the spectacle of massed Chinese infantry had left them. Thousands of Chinese had attacked from the north, northwest, and west against scattered U.S. and South Korean (Republic of Korea or ROK) units moving deep into North Korea.

The Chinese Offensive

On 25 November 1950, a day after United Nations and Republic of Korea forces began the offensive they expected would complete the unification of Korea, Communist China countered with a terrific, and very successful offensive of its own. Within a few days, the Chinese onslaught reversed the UN/ROK northward drive in central and western North Korea, devastating several South Korean divisions, badly tearing up the U.S. Second Division and forcing the rest of the UN command to rapidly withdraw southwards to escape destruction.

The Russians in MiG Alley

By Steven J. Zaloga

The nationality of the "honcho" pilots is no longer a mystery. The Soviets now admit their part in the Korean War.

For some forty years, suspicions have lingered about the nationality of certain pilots who flew MiG-15s in the Korean War. China long ago confessed the role of its pilots. There also were reports, never confirmed, that the best Communist pilots were in fact from the Soviet Union.
Soviet veterans finally have begun to acknowledge their participation in Korean dogfights, confirming the identity of the mystery pilots who, to Air Force flyers, were known only as "honchos." Soviet involvement in the Korean War is no longer a state secret; since 1989, the truth has poured forth.
Revelations in the Soviet press make it clear that Soviet participation in the war was far more extensive than anyone had imagined. Until now, the assumption was that individual Soviet "volunteer" pilots took part. The new information establishes that Soviet pilots were involved in a large fraction of all MiG-15 battles against US fighters.

During the time that the "Honchos" (the nickname given by the Sabre pilots to excellent MiG pilots) were in Korea, between April 1951 and January 1952, they shot down or damaged beyond repair 142 UN aircraft against 68 losses, an overall 2:1 kill ratio. Their most successful month was October 1951, when the Soviet MiG-15s bagged 7 F-86s, 6 F-84Es, 2 RF-80As and one F-80C, one Meteor and 10 B-29As -24 victories- and suffered only 8 MiGs lost. During that period over 30 Soviet MiG-15 pilots became aces.

Last edited:

Keith

Bloody hell. I am ignorant.

My mistake, I was talking about "declared war" you know, official legal war.

Bit of a mix up in that list then.

Korea wasn't a war, it was a "Police Action"

Vietnam wasn't a declared war.

Iraq wasn't a declared war.

Iran ditto

Lebanon (you missed that out)

The Balkans (you missed that out)

Afghanistan ditto

Libya ditto

Yemen ditto

Russia and China - not a war.

If you going to state that America went to war with Russia and China because people of those nationalities "unofficially met in battle" then I put it to you that America has been at war with just about everybody in the whole wide world since WWII either directly or through it's proxy, dirty tricks brigade, the CIA, and any other drug runners that don't mind getting their hands dirty.

I think it's time America declared peace, but it can't because officially, it's not at war with anyone.

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel much better educated now,,,

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Enemies we have fought:

From outside:

England
Spain
Mexico
Germany
Japan
N Korea
China
USSR
N Viet Nam
Iraq
Iran
Taliban
Al Qaeda
Afganistan

From within:

Indians
Confederacy
Mr Fechter.............................Ignorance is no excuse!

Keith, give it up, you are wrong!

We were talking "Enemies"

My list is headed.......................

"Enemies we have fought:"

You go out and talk to some of the folks who were in Korea in late 1950, ask them if we fought Chinese troups and Soviet aviators, (mabye just ask your friend David), they will set you straight!

My list is just quick from memory and incomplete, we both forgot Italy!

Last edited:

Keith

ENEMIES ah, I get it. Sorry I only refer to "enemies" those we are at war with you know, failed diplomacy, not just people who don't like us or we don't like otherwise it could get very confusing.

For example "I had just had a tooth filled by the Enemy today"

or

"The Enemy are demanding my Tax Return"

In that case, your list is far too short.

America has roughly 195 enemies.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Teeth, Taxes?????????????

Ignorance can be cured, your problem goes all the way to the bone!

Christ, I can understand being a passionate defender of what you believe, but at least have a clue about what you are talking about!

Last edited:
Back