More USA political questions

Keith

Regarding the current budget situation B.O.B said today that he "will not be manipulated by extremists in a political party" whilst the Congress Leader (whose name escapes me) says that "the Democrats are refusing to negotiate"

I kind of understand they are arguing about budgets along with the rest of the world, but I thought B.O.B's language here was quite unusual for a POTUS.

Anyone care to fill me in? Who are the 'extremists?' Why are they being this extreme?

There was not one meeting called for by the President prior to the "shutdown" on October 1st. The "shutdown" on October 1st was such an important matter that Obama played golf on Saturday the 28th and the Senate took Sunday the 29th off so as to give Congress a minimal time to work on the bill when it was given to them after 2:00 pm on Monday September 30th. It's a game, played at our expense.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Anyone care to fill me in? Who are the 'extremists?' Why are they being this extreme?

In the US political system game as currently played, an "extremist" is anyone of the opposite party. It is anyone who does not endore your dogma. It is anyone who may be held up as "opposing" your agenda. It is always the "other guy". It is destroying the country and bringing a political system that was the world leader to the level of a couple of kids on the playground arguing over the rules and "taking my ball home".

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...B.O.B's language here was quite unusual for a POTUS.

Be advised; is language is almost a-l-w-a-y-s "unusual" (read that UN-presidential) for a POTUS. Quite seriously, he speaks like a Chicago-based community organizer - which he really still IS...not like the President of the U.S. I can't recall any other president we've had who denigrates, 'labels' and, in effect, personally insults those who oppose him and his policies the way Obama has. He doesn't even measure up to acceptable levels of high school grammar and sentence structure - and he's supposedly a Haahvaard grad? Even some of his fellow 'blacks' are getting disgusted with that:

'Be f*cking presidential: Samuel L Jackson's extraordinary rant at Barack Obama after he accused the president of dumbing down his speech | Mail Online

Who are the 'extremists?' Why are they being this extreme?

Basically, Obama and his fellow far lefties considers "extreme" ANYONE who wants smaller govt (both in terms of actual bodies on the payroll as well as fewer govt rules, regs, and laws), a BALANCED budget, AND wants the govt to adhere to our constitution. IOW - an "extremist" is anyone who ISN'T a far lefty and DOESN'T tow the far lefty line. So, REAL WORLD, it's not Obama's opposition who are the "extremists" by any rational application of the term...it's Obama & Co themselves.

That's it in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Keith,
To BOB, anyone that does not agree with his ideas or policies and works hard to stop/change them is considered an extremist. (mainly he is flaming the vocal republican opposition)

I do hope SOMETHING positive comes from the shutdown. America cannot keep going further into debt. If we cannot fix the budget and get back on track, it really doesn't matter who pays for healthcare.

I was thinking of a prolific response, but decided that it would be only a tirade of profane adjectives. So I shall pass.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Regarding the current budget situation B.O.B said today that he "will not be manipulated by extremists in a political party" whilst the Congress Leader (whose name escapes me) says that "the Democrats are refusing to negotiate"

Keith, I'm sure you know all about what is causing the shut down of the US government.

President Obama ran on bringing health care to all Americans, we passed the Afordable Health Care Act, the Constitutionality of the law was affirmed by the Supreme Court, and Obame was re-elected in a landslide!

What is happening now is "A few extremeists" (tea party), do not like the AHCA and even though there is absolutly no way for them to stop the law and something like 75% of the US population do not want them to shut down the govenment, that does not matter.

The "STUPID PARTY" has shown once again why they deserve that title.

With ZERO chance of accomplishing their goals, that does not matter, they will fuck thousands of Americans and they do not care. The will cry, stomp their feet, throw a tantram and they will still lose.

I truly hope they continue with this style of leadership, the polls show that Americans are very angry and they are very angry at Republicans!

I think I'll donate some funds to the tea party, they are the best thing that ever happened to Liberals!

New CNN poll:

Congress approval rating:

10% approve
87% disaprove

Last edited:
We have come to a point in the United States where those who control the language and history are calling someone with patriotic feelings an extremist.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
#7 ^^^^^^^ ...an Obama disciple...obviously. 'Speaks' exactly the same.

Uh, Jim, you gave Obama's APPROVAL rating in whatever poll that was at 44%. You failed to post his "disapproval" rating with it! What was that? 51-54% or so?

"..."A few extremeists" (tea party), do not like the AHCA and even though there is absolutly no way for them to stop the law and something like 75% of the US population do not want them to shut down the govenment, that does not matter."

Just like 75% of the American people DIDN'T WANT Obamacare from the get-go ('still DON'T), but, Obama/Reid/Pelosi shoved it down their throats anyway because that's what 'the big THREE' wanted...right?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
OK Bob, here we have a small group who, with absolutly ZERO chance of getting their way, closes down the entire US Govenment, fucking over hundreds of thousands of American, for no reason?

You call that Patriotic...........

I call it childish, obstructionist and stupid!

But I really hope they keep it up...........................

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Its over, you lost, live with it.

Tantrums will not help, except in the next election, where they ill help BIG TIME!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
OK Bob, here we have a small group who, with absolutly ZERO chance of getting their way, closes down the entire US Government...

The E-N-T-I-R-E government, Jim??? Not even close. 'About 1/3rd or so...and THOSE are "non-essential" jobs.

It's interesting to note that 92% of EPA jobs are evidently in that category!

f***ing over hundreds of thousands of American, for no reason?

Unlike Obamacare that's going to give the shaft to MILLIONS, huh, Jim.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

Tantrums will not help, except in the next election, where they ill help BIG TIME!

"Tantrums", Jim?

Perhaps you should reread your posts, sir?

(And I noticed you've ducked my questions...)

Larry,

Jim what if people took that same attitude to segregation "laws" ? To suggest that people not take a stand or protest a law simply because you don't agree with it speaks volumes

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tim,

Protesting is just fine, shutting down the entire US govenment is not a protest, that's an attack.

Tell me if protesters forced the shutdown of a Standard Oil refinery, would you also support that? Would that be "patriotic"?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Concervatives have been on the wong side of almost all important Social programs.

They fought the vote for women
They fought the Civil Rights Bill
They fought the Interstate Highway System
They fought voter rights bills
They fought unemployment insurance
They fought student loans
They fought blacks in the military
They fought gays in the military
They fought women in the military

And yes they fought every important social program.

They were aginst Social Security, they said it would be the end of America. They said screw old people, let them take care of themselves.........

Social Security approval rating.................+84%

They fought against Medicare, they said it would be the end of America, they said let old people take care of themselves......

Medicare approval rating.........................+61%

Now they are fighting Affordable Health Care, they say let the poor, childeren and those with pre-existing conditions, take care of themselfs.............

Massachusetts Healthcare plan (very Similar to AHCA)

Approval rating in Massachusetts...............+83%

Yes Consevatives have been on the wrong side of almost every social program, they were wrong then and they are wrong now!

Selfish Consevatives fighting anything to help others.........typical.

Shutting down the Government in a futile attempt to prevail..........priceless!

See you at the Polls:)

Last edited:

Keith

Keith, I'm sure you know all about what is causing the shut down of the US government.

Why do you say that?

I'm asking the questions because I don't understand any more than you know what goes on in our Government. What are you suggesting?

I've read through your reply and I'm still none the wiser because you are writing for an American audience, not a foreigner. How do you expect foreigners to know?

You're not very good at explaining your domestic politics are you? Do you understand them yourself?

Back