Hillary running for POTUS .

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...if she wins what will they call Bill? First Dude? Head Hubby?

'Logical answer to that is "First Gentleman". After all, we refer to the president's wife as "First Lady", do we not?

Hopefully there'll be no need to deal with that issue this time around.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
If she wins, and she just might because no Democrat has the balls? vagina? to run against her, and the Republicans seem deadset on nominating someone who doesn't believe in evolution, wants to put gays in concentration camps, and thinks we should have a state religion, we will have had a Bush or a Clinton in the President for 22 out of the last 30 years (come 2020).

That's just wrong man. Wrong. I thought you guys were the ones with teh royalty?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Well, Stalin was reputed to like little boys.

I have a low opinion of Hillary. I also have a low opinion of anyone who is stupid enough to want that job and nervy enough to think they could do it. Anyone who wants it is instantly disqualified just by virtue of asking for it.

Other than having her number one voter qualification of having no qualifications and being a first, what qualifies her to run the most powerful country in the world?

I think her greatest hope is that the voters assume it will be indirectly a third term for Bill otherwise there is nothing compelling about her

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Other than having her number one voter qualification of having no qualifications and being a first, what qualifies her to run the most powerful country in the world?

You could say the same about anyone on the other side as well. Paul, Carson, Rubio, Bush, etc.

I still think that even though Clinton and Bush are by FAR the two most reasonable candidates, it would be bad for the country to perpetuate the White House is a political fiefdom of certain families.

You could say the same about anyone on the other side as well. Paul, Carson, Rubio, Bush, etc.

I still think that even though Clinton and Bush are by FAR the two most reasonable candidates, it would be bad for the country to perpetuate the White House is a political fiefdom of certain families.

While I think any of the Republicans you mention are far more qualified than Hillary and the downside being they are not a "first", none of them get my attention. And like you I'm tired of hearing Bush or Clinton.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I also think Hilary has far too much baggage, and I'm not talking about her thighs.

I think the majority of the country's voters have developed some respect for Hillary as she has undergone the trials and tribulations of not only being married to the "BJ Guy" as Al has referred to him in the past (that cannot have been pleasant), but also because of her service as Secretary of State. I know, I know...all y'all conservatives are tied up in knots over Benghazi, but there's nothing Hillary didn't do or could have done about that...shoes bigger than hers were making those decisions, but she sure got to stand the heat for it and I, for one, thought she did a pretty good job, given the witch hunt that the congressional committee orchestrated.

As for the email issue...well, as I understand it, during the time Hillary was SOS there was NO REQUIREMENT that a governmental email account be used...that requirement was implemented after she resigned from that position.

What I believe will be the issues this year that will make the race for POTUS interesting will be the ones that the Republicans must defend...things like those Jeff mentioned in his post above...as if there were any doubt about whether or not evolution "happened/happens" to anyone other than the most devoutly radical religious fanatics...for one...and other populist movements (of which the GLBTG movement seems to be rushing headlong for acceptance in our country, but which is almost universally reviled by the conservative contingent) are also progressing in their acceptance levels with the overall population.

For most of the population of the U.S., Hillary already has a head start because she has already said she'll prioritize in her platform the "health" of the middle class...and I'm sure there will be other very "popular" planks in her platform, too.

I won't be surprised if she wins...and here's the main reason, it doesn't have anything to do with Hillary, herself...I think the general population of the U.S. is going to be very reluctant to give the Republicans control over both houses of the legislative and also the executive function of the government, where would the checks and balances be? NEITHER populist party should have that kind of carte-blanc opportunity.

We're ending the swing of the pendulum to the right, IMHO...just as we ended the swing to the left in the past, these things do switch directions on a fairly regular basis, as the voting population gets tired of the "pranks" of the party in power and decides that the way to eliminate all that angst is to elect the other party....but then the other party gets to control the "pranks" for the next term, so nobody gets any relief, sad to say.

It's going to shape up to be a very interesting election. I wonder if the majority of the country is ready for another BIG first...like B.O. was the first African-American POTUS, Hillary would be the first female. There will be huge support for that "glass ceiling" to be broken...just as the current POTUS was elected in a groundswell of implied "progress" because he would be a first, so could Hillary, IMHO.

I, for one, would like to see the Repubs pick someone to debate Hillary...perhaps Ted Cruz, since he seems to be quite good at extemporaneous discourse. I once watched Hillary talk for 2 hours without any notes...was wondering if perhaps she was just rambling on...and then with 15 minutes at the end of that 2 hours she imported every point she had made into a very cohesive summary that left her 2 hours of "rambling" VERY clear and cohesive. She will be a very worthy adversary for who-ever the Republicans will run against her.

Now, if the Repubs could get Condi Rice to run against her, that would make for a VERY interesting race...and I have always said that Condi Rice would get my vote, she was IMHO very effective when she was working with the White House.

Hang on, it's going to be a WILD ride!

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
Condi Rice would get my vote as well, and I think she has a lot of experience to draw on.

Doug, As far as Benghazi, she was Secretary Of State that was her job. And shoes bigger than hers said these people would be brought to justice. Right.

Back