Hillary running for POTUS .

Keith

This is all beginning to sound suspiciously like a consensus!

Is this a first for the (US) political Paddock? :stunned:

This is the kind of thinking that we need and is in short supply here in the good old USA.

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 201
  • img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 151
  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 162

Keith

It is quite well written but like many speeches and political comments, pretty good at telling you what they think is wrong and why, but not much good for coming up with solutions. It's akin to running around wringing hands and wailing.

A person with vision that comes up with an action plan to realign America's stars might well get themselves elected and it would make a refreshing change from the current crop of doomsayers..

Self destruct anyone?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
This is the kind of thinking that we need and is in short supply here in the good old USA.

That's a hate filled rant about people with different political views.

Pretty unAmerican if you ask me.

Let me rephrase. Pretty inhuman if you ask. Unfortunately, it's very American lately.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
It would be nice to once again have the opportunity to vote FOR candidate 'A' rather than AGAINST candidate 'B'. 'Haven't been able to do that since I-can't-remember-when.

I want the option of "C...None of the above!"

We keep rolling it over until they give us someone we might actually want!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
That's a hate filled rant about people with different political views.

Pretty unAmerican if you ask me.

Let me rephrase. Pretty inhuman if you ask. Unfortunately, it's very American lately.

:squint: :squint: :squint: :squint: :squint: ?????????????!!!

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right, Jeff. It's "hate speech", innit.

ANY comment(s) pointing out the fallacy in/of the LEFTY point of view on any issue qualifies as such NO MATTER HOW FACTUALLY ACCURATE it may be...right? Yeeeeeeeeeew dadgum BETCHA 'tis.

Un-be-dadgum-LIEVABLE...:mean:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No Larry, that article and that post is hateful, juvenile, immature SHIT. He claims that liberals and Democrats -- people like me and others here -- are lazy, don't work (I guarantee you I work harder than you, and pay more taxes), hate our country and want to destroy.

He says that explicitly. That's not helpful. THat's not constructive. That's not anything other than hateful.

And if you are saying it is "factually accurate" that I hate my country or am lazy or whatever because of the fact I tend to vote Democrat -- fuck you asshole.

Mods, do what you will but that kind of shill has no place here. None. No one is doing or saying that about folks on the right, nor should that. But assholes should not be allowed to do it to folks on the left.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"When a firebrand is thrown into a pack of wolves, the one that's hit is the one that howls." - UNK

...and your "howling" awfully loud, sir.

Lemme ask you something. If we were to take a poll asking the question; "Between Lou Holtz and Jeff Young, which one do you feel is a 'hater'?", who do you think would 'win'?

You might ponder that for a bit...

Keith

I've read it again and placed some things into context and I agree, it is pretty much a hate speech which leaves the reader with nowhere to go.

It doesn't seek to educate but rather antagonize. The piece will not persuade anyone to change POV but apparently seeks to deliberately inflame.

What is the purpose of such a speech?

Gentlemen, to me American politics is pretty much a dead or dying duck but it is still useful to discuss like adults, and hopefully, without the invective.

Strike 1 Jeff...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Sure, fair enough, I agree I deserve it.

I would also suggest that posting articles like that is not discussing things like adults, and is just as much of an invective. I don't come herr to read articles that say I hate my country and want to destroy it, and then see gleeful follow up posts of Right on! and Hell yes!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The last few posts IMHO, show how American politics is fucked, as is Australian politics I hasten to add. There is no middle ground, no debate. If you are a lefty you are a dickhead and nothing you say is correct. If you are right wing you are a red neck hater and nothing you say is correct.
In the meantime the country is going to hell in a hand basket.
The solution? Sadly from my perspective there isn't one, politics has ceased to be a debate where one puts a point of view and hopes to convince the other side of the merits of his argument, but has become a religious or cult following with the thought if you don't agree with my side you are some kind of evil being and should go straight to hell.
Something momentous will need to happen to bring the people together to work as one.
What that may be I have no idea.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Lou Holtz needs to stick to coaching. His column is the work of an idiot. The world is nowhere near that simple, and has never been so.

Back