I need a measurement

I need someone to measure the RCR engine clearance plate. I would like to know the location of the holes and how big the hole needs to be. Basically if you were cutting the hole, what size would it be and where are the holes. If someone has one they could trace and fax to me, that would be great. 618 533 4039. If not just the measurements will do. Thanks guys.;)

Fran has already rough cut the hole. I need to finish it off and I don't have the plate. I don't want to pull the engine to install the plate later. Thats why I need the info so I can just bolt it in to a precut hole.

Ron Earp

Admin
What transaxle? If an 016 I can tell you exactly what to cut, but I don't think you are using an 016.

R

It doesn't matter. I need the measurements of the plate so I can cut the hole to fit the plate. I want to predrill the 4 mounting holes and the hole for the plate to be recessed into. I already know where the plate goes.

Ron Earp

Admin
The starter clearance deal, at least on mine when the 016 was in, was that the starter would foul on the chassis. So, I cut a rectangle out that perfectly fit the starter. However, this doesn't need to be on the Porsche box cars since the starter is mounted to the transaxle on the back (*I think*). I can tell you exact dimensions of the 016 clearance hole, and location, but I have not (and didn't intend to) make a "plate" to make a cavity out of the hole.

If you are talking about motor mount holes, well, there is no way I'd drill those and try and mount the motor without the adapter plate and transaxle in place. In fact cutting the clearance hole for the starter is a bit iffy too since dimensions could easily be off 1/8" or so. Somehow I managed to get mine to fit really well, but it is tight. I can easily measure this AM if you like. Pictures are on my build thread too, and those can be used for reference once I get the measurements.

R

Sorry Ron. Here is what I am looking for. I need the measurements of this piece so it can be bolted in later.
01_block_off.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry Dean, I'd not seen that piece before - no wonder I couldn't figure out what was going on! Looks like it might make a cool ashtray too. :)

R

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Dean,
In addition to Fran's remarks, see pic below:

Attachments

• 01_block_off_w_dims.jpg
    01_block_off_w_dims.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 335
Back