Streetable Eight Stack

PaulProe

Supporter
Randy,
You do understand, Want and Need are both four-letter words and completely interchangeable. :)inj

There are a couple differences in the EightStack and the TBI. The EightStack, the injectors are inside the castings that replicate the body of a Weber 48IDA. The injectors are situated above the throttle plates and inject onto the mostly closed throttle plate at idle and lower throttle openings. That presents a little more work when setting up the system and the Accel/Decel settings. The injectors are not easily accessible as they are buried inside the throttle bodies.

The TBI system has the injectors on the outside of the throttle bodies, held in place by the fuel rail. They inject below the throttle plates onto the backside of the valves. More like a modern-day injection system.

The EightStack is about 8% more in price. The TBI is slightly easier to tune. If you are after all-out performance, the TBI is the better choice. If you are after period-correct looks, the EightStack is the better choice. Either will wow the typical on-looker.

These are shot's of my current build using the EightStack. I prefer a period correct look,

Paul

20210923_173041.jpg

20210923_172842.jpg

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Randy,
You do understand, Want and Need are both four-letter words and completely interchangeable. :)inj

There are a couple differences in the EightStack and the TBI. The EightStack, the injectors are inside the castings that replicate the body of a Weber 48IDA. The injectors are situated above the throttle plates and inject onto the mostly closed throttle plate at idle and lower throttle openings. That presents a little more work when setting up the system and the Accel/Decel settings. The injectors are not easily accessible as they are buried inside the throttle bodies.

The TBI system has the injectors on the outside of the throttle bodies, held in place by the fuel rail. They inject below the throttle plates onto the backside of the valves. More like a modern-day injection system.

The EightStack is about 8% more in price. The TBI is slightly easier to tune. If you are after all-out performance, the TBI is the better choice. If you are after period-correct looks, the EightStack is the better choice. Either will wow the typical on-looker.

These are shot's of my current build using the EightStack. I prefer a period correct look,

Paul

20210923_173041.jpg

20210923_172842.jpg
Paul, Thanks much for explaining the differences. This is a really hard decision. Both these systems look awesome.
1714099903781.png

1714100015534.png

Back