RCR Caddy

Chuck

Supporter
So it is late, about to doze off, but the new June issue of Road and Track just arrived, so decided to take a quick look.

On page 84 were a couple of pics of a car that look vaguely familiar.

So pulled up some pics I took at RCR when visiting last fall. (Attached). Sure enough. It is Fran's Caddy!

The Road and Track author of the captions accompanying the photos was obviously ill informed, since there was no mention of RCR's involvement in the creation of this beauty.

Regardless, it looks great.

Attachments

• RCRCaddy1.jpg
    RCRCaddy1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 505
  • RCRCaddy2.jpg
    RCRCaddy2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 394
Thanks Chuck...seems the big wheel rolls right over us little guys...even when we are still owed money ...and lots of it....ho hum.

Interesting enough the Caddy was mentioned in our Australian Unique Cars magazine a few issues back. Complete with photo and mention of RCR's involvement.

Thanks Chuck...seems the big wheel rolls right over us little guys...even when we are still owed money ...and lots of it....ho hum.

But surely they would have paid 50% on order & the remaining 50% on pick-up/delivery?, thats standard RCR policy isnt it?:):)

Jac....
How I wish....
Unfortunately not the case with as many "change orders" at the last minute with this car...
Working with people that have been long removed from the reality of actually building cars has its drawbacks....
I could have given you a completely finished Mk4 and flown it to NZ and then paid for you to race it for a couple of seasons with the shortfall...

But at least we got the credit for the 4000 hours we spent building it....oh...wait a minute...:embarassed:

It would be nice if we had the car....

On its way back from being displayed at Amelia Island Concourse it was "redirected".....instead of being brought back to RCR....

Not a good scenario....

Fran, "redirected" is a polite way of them telling you they stole if back from you. The "Big three" are doing that to the Government now!

I could have given you a completely finished Mk4 and flown it to NZ and then paid for you to race it for a couple of seasons with the shortfall...

Thats a slightly better deal than the TVR - The owner still wants to drive it !!:):)

Guess I will put that in my folder of 'What If's & Missed Opportunities'.

I saw the car in person last Nov a work of art , i think i would have handcuffed myself to that beauty and not letting it out of my sight Hope its returned real soon or a big sack of cash is dropped off good luck Bob

J

JOHNBGT40

I have been gone for awhile and I'm not a big fan of RCR. However, I have to make a comment about the "CADDY"...IT IS VERY LOVELY CAR! Is this a one off ? If not, how much is the turnkey?

Chuck

Supporter
This thread may be seven months old, but it won't go away.

The January 2010 issue of "Street Scene", the 'street rodding's only news monthly' published by the National Street Rod Associaiton (NSRA), has a picture of Fran's Caddy roadster on page 94. Picture was taken at the 2009 SEMA show.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Take a look at the February 2010 issue of Kit Car Builder, page 8 and there is a nice little blurb - and photo - about Fran's involvement with this car.
Dave L

Fran, I'm not positive but I think you should still be able to file a "workman's lien" on the car even if it's not in your possession. That assumes the car has a VIN and is registered in some state somewhere. Workman's lien is obviously not nearly as good as actually having the car in your possession though....

Sorry to hear payment has been slow on that one. There are a variety of "soft" pressure tactics short of litigation that can be helpful in encouraging payment - shoot me a PM if you like, happy to suggest a couple of ideas.

Back