Head-to-Clip Clearance

Hello everybody

Could somebody give me a rough dimension from the top of stock 289/302 heads (the uppermost edge of the head where the valve cover seats, not from the top of the valve cover) to the bottom of the rear clip on an RCR40?

Within 1/2" is fine. Need to get a rough idea of how much space is available for the induction setup.

Thanks.

Eric

Chuck

Supporter
Can't help. Could give you the dimensions for a ZF or an Audi 016, but not the G50. Sorry.

If the dimensions for the ZF and Audi will help I will trot out to the garage and measure it for you. I suspect the G50 will be in the same range, although Fran could probably tell you for sure.

Actually the ZF and G50 engine heights are the same..its only the Audi transaxle that requires the engine be lifted for driveshaft angle issues...

I will have a check for you...

Chuck

Supporter
Hello everybody

Could somebody give me a rough dimension from the top of stock 289/302 heads (the uppermost edge of the head where the valve cover seats, not from the top of the valve cover) to the bottom of the rear clip on an RCR40?

Within 1/2" is fine. Need to get a rough idea of how much space is available for the induction setup.

Thanks.

Eric

I measured right at seven inches at the front of the engine from the base of the uppermost edge of the valve cover / top of the heads.

Note that the bottom of the clip is just about exactly even with the lower edge of the rear window.

The engine site pretty close to level.

Hope this helps.

Back