SL-C Street tail in production

The new tail is now available as an option....for the guy that does not want the race type wing or where local DMV Laws prohibit the use of such ....gotcha covered....

Attachments

• DSCF1631_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1631_Vga.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 963
  • DSCF1632_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1632_Vga.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 805
  • DSCF1634_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1634_Vga.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 802
  • DSCF1635_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1635_Vga.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 783
  • DSCF1636_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1636_Vga.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 800
  • DSCF1640_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1640_Vga.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 878
  • DSCF1639_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1639_Vga.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 870
  • DSCF1638_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1638_Vga.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 959
Fran

Looks pretty slick. I think I actually prefer that look over the race wing, but maybe I'm just funny that way.

Eric

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Fran -

I like it! I particularly like the subtle air vents below the rear window and the understated spoiler. A few questions - it appears this clip eliminates the need for the aluminum diffuser? If that's the case can it still be hinged? Does this clip still use the same taillight assembly? Dual exhaust pipes exit through the rear on either side of the center raised section?

Thanks,
Dave L

Dave,

pic #3 shows a small round indent on the lower edge of the diffuser ...that is the hinge point....full 90 deg tilt is easily attainable

The taillights are the same ones and they mount in from the rear with a separate bezel trim ring....very simple and easy...

The area around the rear ducts is actually 6" taller than the track/original tail giving much more room for the street mufflers and air box system....

I like it Fran! I'm packed, trailer hooked up and ready to hit the road. Hopefully mine will be ready in a couple weeks. Looking forward to seeing the crew again.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Fran

That's a dodgy neighbourhood you love in
Park a car outside and some sod steals all the wheels!

Jokes aside that is absolutely stunning. I liked the "original" but think you have outdone yourself this time

Ian

that looks good, indeed more for the road.
is the back also different then the coupe with the big wing? I other then the integrated spoiler...it looks that way.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
was having some cheese on toast tonight and i got a playing. thought a nice stricking v in the rear for exhaust exit would work a treat. my question is does the designer who designed this like cheese on toast?:heart:

Attachments

• cheesecon.jpg
    cheesecon.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 144

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
i was making myself some cheese on toast this evening and a got a thinking.
I carved a nice V where i feel the exhaust exit would look cool.
my question is does the designer of this rear also like cheese on toast

Attachments

• cheesecon.jpg
    cheesecon.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 163
Looks good - just like a production exotic car's rear-end.

for the guy that does not want the race type wing

What type of manly man doesn't like a 2foot appendage dangling out the back of their car with a super wide spoiler bolted to it?? That's like not liking money!!!!!

I smile everytime I see mine :drunk:

This would make induction sooo much easier. Anyone intersted in an original SL-C rear clip? It's make a nice coffee table/ conversation piece.

I'm thinking about it too. Can't be too hard to mount the airplane wing to it along with a functional rear diffuser on the bottom. I like the fact there is more room under the rear half. I'm still trying to figure out where I'll stick the intercooler. There is room under the boot now, but an IC that will fit is a little smaller than I'd like.

Fran, is it possible for you to post a few pics of what it looks like from within the engine compartment with the boot closed showing the clearance underneath?

Hello all,
I've been a lurker for a while. After seeing this post, I had to register.

That rear section makes the SL-C go from great to "just freakin' awesome"

After owning several Corvettes (not all at once) to even a 91' Diablo, I have been craving something different. I hope to some day soon pull the trigger on one of these kits. Great job Fran.

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum and the SL-C bunch that lurks here frequently.
The SL-C is an awsome piece of JEWELRY! IMHO, of course...

Welcome Gary!

I think Fran has hit a "sweet spot" for a very street-able rear section. And, it appears you can do quite a bit of "personalization" to it: diffusers, wings, etc. I do like the raised rear engine deck to give more ventilation and intake air.

Enjoy the Forum!

I love it!!! I think it balances better with the cockpit bubble. Makes the bubble look a bit smaller. Is there room in there now for GT40 style bundle of snakes exhaust?

Not only does this make for a more "streetable" and attractive design, maybe more importantly it represents a continued evolution and improvement on an already desirable platform.

In an arena which I find it hard to gather independent product review, this is the best evidence of a healthy product that I have seen to date. I'm in the market...can't wait to see it.

Where are all of the finished SL-C's ?

Back