SL-C Street tail in production

Fran:

It seems that the race SL-C is built with a certain aerodynamic plan/point of view/system/philosophy (I cannot think of the correct word to use here). It looks like, on the race SL-C, the car body forms an upside down wing that, when moving, creates downforce.

Now, with an SL-C using the street tail (SL-C "Kurz" vs. the SL-C "Langheck"?), has the approach to aerodynamics changed? Does the SL-C "Kurz" approach aerodynamics more like a pre-winged car: smooth it out and let the air slip around it as easily as possible?

Yes, I see the small spoiler on the rear lip, but I am asking about the overall aerodynamic philosophy.

Thanks!

Bassanio et Portia

Production tail being fitted prior to paint...

Jacob,(Bass. et Portia)
seems you may have answered your own question.

Attachments

• DSCF1782_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1782_Vga.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 493
  • DSCF1783_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1783_Vga.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 495
  • DSCF1779_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1779_Vga.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 542
  • DSCF1780_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1780_Vga.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 531
  • DSCF1785_Vga.JPG
    DSCF1785_Vga.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
My first car was a Mini , this one is for my kids to learn to drive in....until they get old enough to drive on the road and then they can have a small armoured vehicle to deal with the traffic here in Detroit.

Fran,

"they can have a small armoured vehicle to deal with the traffic here in Detroit."

Is that what "RCR's next Car Should Be"?

I think I'm going to need that rear clip to fit the IC where I want to. Problem is I would need to figure out how to incorporate the wing I have.

Any suggestions Fran?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I like the new street rear clip.....would not ever drive a car on the road fast enough to need the downforce supplied by that huge wing, not to mention that it looked "bulky" to me..

This is going to be a great look for a street car, IMHO!!!! When FFR was designing their GTM, their original rear clip had a "lip" like that....then they removed it as they developed the final product. I thought their rear clip looked better with the lip, really like yours, Fran!

Doug

Fran

Any more pics of SLCs with street tail? I'd really like to see straight-on side shots to see how the new tail compares to the original profile with wing. Thanks.

BTW, you should get some photos of the new street tail up in the gallery on your website.

Eric

I Agree...time for a new website actually....

We have shipped quite a few tails out and have four more cars in the shop with them...there is quite a difference that is not obvious when viewed seprately...

I will see if I can find time tomorrow to take a couple of shots...

...there is quite a difference that is not obvious when viewed seprately...QUOTE]

Fran

Guess maybe I need to get my butt in gear and drive over to see you. I have a few days of vacation I need to burn up before the end of the year, so maybe before the Michianna snow machine gets going.

Eric

John,

you offering your services to build me a new website and take pro. shots for me too...??..If so I am all ears as finding a website service thats reliable is harder than designing a car...IMHO.

...new website and take pro. shots...

Fran

If you need a writer and technical illustrator, get in touch with me. I know of a good photographer, too, who may be interested. We're in the Chicago area, so just a short hop over to you. Sorry, can't help with the actual website coding and building.

Eric

Back