Calling all rcr soldiers

I need advice on paint schemes for my RCR-Lemans with complete second SLC body. Have you all faced this "what do I paint this f-ing beast" dilemma? Its like picking out lingerie for a victorias secret model. Ive clearly already lost my mind, please help me find it. Some help-

Interior is completely carbon fiber with red alcantara seat inserts (with yellow diamond stitching not in picture) and black leather steering wheel with red alcantara insert and yellow stitching).

Rims as you can see in the pictures are unpainted but still look good in person. I have to use same rims for both cars so if I powder coat them, its one time deal. I have no "favorite colors" and prefer not to paint Miley Cyrus half naked on my hood. Anyways, I would like to have two bodys that look completely different, I do like loud colors and stripes, and wish no one associates my car with a lambo or Ferrari because of the lime green and blood red colors. Yes I fell in love with that ninja green race SLC a while back but I live in NYC and now all our taxi cabs are "granny smith green" and would hate the comments associated thereto. Splitters and Skirts can be blood red, chrome, etc. My SLC is going into paint in a week or so, lemans in couple of months....HELP!!!

Attachments

• B5_with_red_suede_5.jpg
    B5_with_red_suede_5.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 316
  • slc1.jpg
    slc1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 303
  • slc2.jpg
    slc2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 357
  • momo.jpg
    momo.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 280
I wouldn't panic, if all fails drive it in primer for a year till you get all the bugs worked out by then you should have it figured out.

:furious: I need paint help. I doubt Ill have much in terms of issues considering I thankfully didn't attempt to build myself since I have 2 left hands and cant even draw stick figure. Fellow member Alan from Connecticut built them (swappable) so Im sure his 8 or 9th one will have little in any issues. I know it looks good even covered in bird poop and in yellow primer. Man up and give me some paint help. :thumbsup:

how 'bout Chrysler "Cool Vanilla" for the coupe with contrasting red & blue stripes and
Porsche Carrera GT Silver metallic for the LM. Highly decorated with striping.

i was leaning towards the metallic silver on the LM, what color stripes?? I had one black stripe down the middle with red pinstriping in mind. how would your SLC stripes look?

I bet if you post the pics you sent me a few weeks ago you will get a similar response...wink

Not too many guys on here would pick the pink for the SLC or the Lavender for the Le Mans that you had in mind

Both cars could be the same color, making the interior coordination easier. Your interior selections are probably going to drive the exterior color choice.

1. Silver metallic with red and black accents. Sort of like the late model Mercedes and BMW. Paint the wheels in black chrome.
2. White with black exterior accents. Elegant, if done well. Black or silver wheels.
3. Yellow. With properly applied black trim, can look really good, IMO.
4. Black. Hey, you're in NYC, so go with the murdered out look!

Fran, you caught me. I was leaning towards the fuscia with Pink accents and blinking hearts in the tail lights.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 184
  • 2013-12-16-22-34-52.jpg
    2013-12-16-22-34-52.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 172
If I build skills were as good as my drawing skills, well you get my drift. I'm starting to have fun with this now. Will, all your suggestions were the ones that first came to mind and allan confirmed. Maybe not the black though because of lack of visibility at night. Now, I need to take a primer on how to bullshit my way through convincing people I built the car.

Attachments

• 2013-11-15-12-15-48.jpg
    2013-11-15-12-15-48.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 365
  • 2013-12-13-11-31-08.jpg
    2013-12-13-11-31-08.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 2013-12-13-11-28-27.jpg
    2013-12-13-11-28-27.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 2013-11-15-12-38-48.jpg
    2013-11-15-12-38-48.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 2013-11-16-18-03-13.jpg
    2013-11-16-18-03-13.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 2013-11-15-12-31-04.jpg
    2013-11-15-12-31-04.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 244
I bet if you post the pics you sent me a few weeks ago you will get a similar response...wink

Now you're going to have to post them, or PM them :D

But seriously, if you are undecided why not use plasti dip which quite good, easy to apply and can be easily removed. Could try out a few colour schemes to see how you feel?

Something I thought would be cool would be a distress Alum look kinda like aircraft panels it would take a talented air brush artist to pull it off but it would be cool put in some faux seams with rivets it would be one of a kind.

The sketches you posted made me think that if I were doing silver, it looks a lot better with a large black or gunmetal area and red pinstripes than the other way around. Silver w/ lotsa red didn't do it for me.

I'm not a big yellow car person either.

This is pretty cool, I wish someone on this side of the planet did that, I would definitely be looking into it thanks for sharing.

There's always those new brushed metal car wraps that are trending in the tuning world right now:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brushed+metal+car+wrap&sm=3
Commercial Graphics:*Search3M Graphic Solutions Products US

I realise that it's not actual paint, but it would do the trick nicely, I think...

There's also this shop in Valencia, CA, called "Creations n' Chrome" that have come up with this paint that looks just like chrome metal. They can add color to it as well. Many people think that a chrome car is tacky, though, but it is very unique (and again, probably quite pricey):gallery

Jonathan, I think that your LeMans should be painted like that first picture that you attached, picture 2013-11-15-12-15-48.jpg , it's very Zonda-ish, i think, and would look SICK!!!...

Back