Remote oil cooler and accusump help

I am considering the installation of a remote oil cooler and accusump.

1.) What is the best way to plumb this in. I assume I would use a sandwich adaptor for the filter to get oil in and out of the engine?

2) What is the best location for the accusump, and what is the largest practical size (2-3 qts)?

Thanks
Gary

Howard Jones

Supporter
I added a remote oil filter and cooler to my car.
I used a earls cooler aprox 6"X 12" and a oil filter plate that is a billet type. You can get the billet addapter from Racer Wholesale 1-800-886-7223. They also have a nice Accusump stuff. The filtermount I used is made by Moroso.

cooler #23412ERL (earls #)
block adapter CA-22595(Racer Wholesale#)
Moroso filtermount 23700 or 23710(moroso #)

You can also get the block adapter from Mustang Plus 1-800-999-4289

I mounted all this stuff along side the motor on the filterside and up on the pannel in front of the side air scoop where the fuel pumps are. The GTD motor mount cradle can be used to mount the remote filter mount and the filter will then be straight up and down. This allows for a clean and easy filter change.
I think you might be able to mount the accusump cylinder, the 2Qt one is 12" long, on top of the pannel also.
Remember Areoquip hose must be used, no less than AN10, and long runs get expensive.
One last thing DO NOT USE A CHEAP CAST BLOCK ADAPTER PLATE! they crack and will put all that oil right on the rear wheels.
Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. I hate the cheap cast adaptors. I had to make one out of billet alum for my FE because the cast one I had looked very porus and weak.

Back