Ford 4.6L 32 Valve, Quadcam Wanted

I'm looking for a reliable source of Mustang 4.6L 32 Valve litre motors in good shape. A single one, avialable for immediately will get me started but expect a few more will be needed so a reliable source of new or low miles (km's) would be good.

Can anyone direct me to technical information such as complete dimensional sizes, weights etc?

Dave, I had to chuckle to myself when the words "reliable" and " Mustang 4.6L 32 Valve litre motors" were used in the same sentence!
smile.gif

Someone here in the US was recently selling new 4.6 DOHCs (2001 Cobra spec) for around $3,000 recently...quite a good deal. There's a company called Kar Kraft that sells aluminum blocks and possibly longblocks, but I read a very disturbing thread recently which indicated that they were using off-spec blocks (i.e., dumpster diving at Ford's Romeo plant).

Let me do a little poking around and I'll get back to you.

I'd have to agree with Mark on Kar Kraft. We got a set of bare GT-40X heads from them that turned out to have prety bad core shift on the intake side.

On the other hand we also got a new 5.0L block from them with no problems. I think their stuff is pretty hit or miss.

They do however, carry 4.6 longblocks. They're brand new. I've seen them in person and they still have all of the plumbing plugs in place and are on their original shipping pallets. I'm not sure if I would buy one of their bare 4.6 blocks though.
http://www.karkraft.com/

Adam

Back