New GT40 on Top Gear

Did anyone else see Top Gear on Sunday. They had the new 40 in the 'studio'. I didn't get chance to record it, did anyone else or know of a repeat?

Dave Champ

MWGT40

Supporter
Unfortunately I switched on half way through the programme too. However, a number of people saw it in the office and said that it was mainly looking at the interior as the car was just a mock-up.

Apparently it has some "cool stuff" on it like the rear deck that opens at the touch of a switch and a petrol filler that also emerges at the touch of a button.

Word is that you have next to no chance of getting won as they are going to produce so few of them - and asking price around $150k (but will change hands for much higher prices than this).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martin Weigold:

Apparently it has some "cool stuff" on it like the rear deck that opens at the touch of a switch and a petrol filler that also emerges at the touch of a button.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great just what I need
smile.gif
No wonder it is 1000 lbs heavier than the original
grin.gif

I figured they would manage to screw it up somehow.

it looked like the yellowy orange prototype on some of the brochures - they commented it was only capable of 20 mph - I guess Ford or Mayflower brought it over for a promotional tour - Motor Show perhaps - should this posting be in the main heading not GTD40 although I understand the argument that it is a replica especially if they do not even have the rights to call it a GT40 !

Thanks Roy, I'd like to see it again, my very slow opening rear deck is under design now
wink.gif

Jos I posted it on the UK as the rest of the world is unlikely to see BBC2, however I suppose you can get on Sky and in The Netherlands!

I thought they might use the new 40 to demonstrate beating a speed camera by going too fast but the top car was the gorgeous but modern (though race proven by assoication) TVR Tuscan at only 176 mph. If it was a mock up one can understand why they didn't even fire up the engine.

Back