ebay gtd

'85 % finished' uk based car just appeared on ebay : GT40 Replica Item # 1789643403 - there's also first edition Ronnie Spain book

Hi all

The Auction was stopped and the car was sold out of the back door for £10,000
What a waist of everybody's time, the guy should be black balled out of E-bay in my opinion, I was going to bid £12,000 at it so its his loss!!!

Regards

Chris
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Crikey! I'm amazed it sold for that much! regardless of how much it cost, I'd have thought an un-registered car would be worth about half that.

Or am I out of touch with values?
confused.gif

A decent unfinished GTD for 5000UK?
That's only about $8000US. I'd pay that
and ship it here as parts
smile.gif

Am I crazy in thinking that?

Ian

10,000 is stealing! You can't buy the parts for that. That is a great buy or there are a lot of parts missing. I don't care who's replica you buy - if it is from a manufacturer you will spend $30,000 or more for a complete package. Somebody should be really smiling.

G

I know who grabbed it and what a bargain.Julian, i am afraid you are well out on costings.
Regards All,
GTA.

G

Julian

You did! That is why I say it is better to buy a second hand car and then convert to the spec you want. You can save a lot with just a little judicious buying. Followed by elbow grease!

Malcolm

I contacted the guy and wanted to make him an offer but I was told there was a registration issue with the car (???) and that it was withdrawn and would be offered at a later date. I thought it sounded a little fishy. I wish people would just tell the truth

Back